PDA

View Full Version : New JOOSE convert; my opininon

Plasticfantastic
07-15-2002, 14:20
I got juiced over the weekend and thought I would give my take on it.
First, thanks JK for the tips and QUICK service!
I've got the 3.5c version. Install is very easy and straight forward. The connections are easy to find under the hood and come apart/go tegether VERY easily (if they don't, STOP! you are doing something wrong).
The setting of the programs from the driver's seat is very easy. Many have mentioned probs with the settings accepting right away, I didn't have any trouble... well I did but it was MY fault. Step F (the last step) reads "return gear selector to PARK and restart". So after I finished programming, I put it in PARK and started her up. You are supposed to turn the key off after programming ... THEN you can turn it back on and start her up. The test to see if the programming is set, works just like they say (kinda cool :D ).
The big question: power??
OH LAWDY! Unbelievable the difference. I was skeptical about all the claims of tire fryin' and the like (haven't spun'em myself, but I've not done any drag race starts either .... yet.) You folks that aren't sure if you will tell much difference, rest assured you can tell, oh boy can you tell.
I'm still takin' it kinda easy getting used to it and will report any quirks if they show up. ABSOLUTLY NONE so far. The power is ... well its just hard to believe.

GMC D-Max
07-15-2002, 15:25
What level did you try out first?

I'm looking forward to getting mine within the next week, and I can hardly wait!

DMAXDiva
07-15-2002, 18:55
Congrats are in order, Plasticfantastic!

Glad to see another "believer" has joined the fold...just hope you don't have to ship it off for updates very often; the withdrawal will kill ya! ;)

Plasticfantastic
07-15-2002, 19:47
GMC D-max, I went straight to 4 on regular mode and set TOW/HAUL on 2 as they suggested. May try playin' with the other settings when I have time.

Diva, it seems like a dog without juice. If they ever said juice was bad and told us to take it off, I'd have to get propane or something!

JUICE = Diesel crack! GOTTA HAVE IT!! :D

pullinpower
07-15-2002, 19:48
Hey plastic, going to tow a buddys nova to the track thurs.for test and tune,you should come out.If ya do we can see how she does on the clocks :D Would like to see your truck also.

Dave
07-15-2002, 22:48
I agree, setting the juice was easy. Installing was even easier. I too have 4 set for normal and 2 set for tow/haul. Truck does seem slow with out it now.

Carli_max
07-16-2002, 07:00
Hey Plastic

Do you think your Dmax can now take on the mighty ZO6 ??? :D :D

pullinpower
07-16-2002, 08:02
I hope he can make it out to the track thurs.I'd like to see a juiced max run.

Plasticfantastic
07-16-2002, 10:57
PP, I might be able to make it. Wife has to work so I'm solo for the nite. Think I've still got a helmet somewhere ... it's middle of lawn season so usually at the end of the day I'm spent, I'll have to see how it goes.

Carli, as much bragging as I've done on the new juiced truck, the Z06 is a different level. The D-max pulls SO STRONG now like a turbo SHOULD when the boost comes on... the Z06 on the other hand is LESS THAN HALF the weight (3100lbs) with hp and torque almost instantly. When you come off the clutch about 1600-1800rpm, (you actually have to TRY and bog it a little or the tires will just smoke) the result is very violent and ....what's the word... visceral.
Overlooking some minor trim issues, Chevy has their shtuff together on these two.

pullinpower
07-16-2002, 14:41
Yea plastic I'll be there around 5pm or so.you see my truck in the pits with a black trailer hooked to it.email me and I'll give ya my cell phone # in case you don't see me. would really like to see the juice in action before I buy one. ;)

Plasticfantastic
07-16-2002, 16:16
PP, will do, first thing in the a.m. I'm at the fire station now... station computer - internet access but no e-mail access. :(

pullinpower
07-16-2002, 20:24
Plastic do you still have my email address?

Plasticfantastic
07-16-2002, 21:08
I don't think so PP, new 'puter at home so everything got purged :( .

[ 07-17-2002: Message edited by: Plasticfantastic ]</p>

pullinpower
07-29-2002, 19:27
Well plastic now that you have had time with it gives us a reveiw :D

pullinpower
07-30-2002, 15:29
Hey plastic ya still like the juice?? How are ya doin on mpg's?

Plasticfantastic
07-30-2002, 17:07
I have had no problems at all with my Juice.
Still unbelievable the power it makes.
My time for "pleasure" driving is SO limited this time of year that I'm not really getting to play with it very much. Tough to check my mpg's right now too cause I'm towin' the trailer every other day and it's hard to average.

This is the single best thing you can do for your Dmax to increase usable power, by far the MOST bang for the buck.