PDA

View Full Version : Got Juiced

Lone Eagle
01-30-2003, 20:45
Got Juiced today. It is everything you guys/gals said it was. Easy install. I had to get the wife to cound the surges after setting it because my my ears are worn out. I bought a refurbed unit locally for $600. It looks like a new unit. I could not find a scratch on it. I have a couple questions. The instructions state that power is decreased dring converter lockup. So I guess tow/haul is not the drag race mode? I have always had a delayed or double thump when shifting from 3rd to 4th in tow/haul. Should I be concerned? I didn't have the bucks to buy the gauges today. I won't be towing until the end of March. How should I drive this without gauges for the next little while? Thanks. Lone eagle :D :D

Southard
01-30-2003, 20:59
The power is only reduced during the time that the converter clutch is locking up. Once it is engaged, the power goes back up. I have been regularly grossing above 20,000 pounds pulling a trailer with a large frontal area. At 2000 feet elevation and below, I am pulling in level 4 and I don't have any excessive exhuast temperature problems. I have not pulled at higher altitudes or during summer with the Juice so I can not say how the EGT's are under those situations.

Southard

NFLDMAX
01-30-2003, 21:03
Been on the sideline waaaaay to long...I am fixin to buy the juice. You all are having waaay too much fun without me. :D

Trippin
01-31-2003, 23:45
Got juiced today! WOW! :eek: It's like being shot out of a cannon! I was wavering back and forth on getting the juice and a friend of mine put it into perspective. He asked me, if Chevy offered a high output version of the Dmax when you bought your truck would you have paid extra for an additional 125HP and 250 FTLBS? My answer was yes. The only thing I've ever felt like it was Nitrous Oxide on my street racer many years ago. For those of you that don't have juice and are considering it, get some, get some now! It's unbelievable!

(Doctors disclaimer): The previous is not a paid announcement, and should be considered merely the misc ramblings of someone who is hopelessly addicted to Horsepower and Torque!

britannic
02-01-2003, 00:04
Apart from the Juice power upgrade, are there any other mods on your trucks?

FisHn2DMax
02-01-2003, 01:47
Lone Eagle,

Where did you get your "re-furbished" juice box locally in the Tremonton / Logan area? Was your Juice box the latest revision 4.6 or ?

I live close to the SLC area and have not run across any truck shops around here that offered the DuraMax Juice? Does your shop also offer guages and installation?

I too have been sitting on the sidelines, but now my truck has 3K miles on it, it's time for more HP thrill.

Thanks,
smile.gif

dontxs
02-01-2003, 08:25
Hey fish, look on ebay, I just got my ref. juice (125 hp) for $200 less than a new one and can't tell a dif.

Don

[ 02-01-2003: Message edited by: dontxs ]

[ 02-01-2003: Message edited by: dontxs ]</p>

Trippin
02-01-2003, 19:59
Britannic,
My truck has 3500 miles on it. Engine is stock except for juice. All mods are in my sig.

mtomac
02-01-2003, 20:51
At the dragstrip I set the hot juice in level 4 T/H. In T/H the converter locks up in 2nd gear vs. regular mode which locks up in 5th gear. T/H mode will guarantee red line shifts in every gear too.

Lone Eagle
02-01-2003, 20:53
Fish, I bought my 4.61 from Baker's Diesel Injection Service in Ogden. They do gauge installs also but I don't know the quality of service. You did know that Edge is located in Ogden also. I called them first. They referred me to Baker's. Later! Lone Eagle

SamIAM
02-01-2003, 21:50
I got a HOT Juice 4.61 refurb from a guy off ebay for $850. FedEx will deliver it on Monday. Of course it going to rain Monday, thus put off my coating the car next to me with smoke for a day.

FisHn2DMax
02-01-2003, 22:05
Lone Eagle,

Thanks for the information. I had no clue that edge was located right here in my own backyard.

By golly, I guess I'll be hitchen up the the buggy and headen down to Ogden for some of that Juice you all been hollerin bout.

Yee Haww, gona finally get's me some Juice! tongue.gif smile.gif

Trippin
02-02-2003, 02:28
Fish,
They won't sell to you direct. I tried. Call them and they will direct you to a distributor.