PDA

View Full Version : duramaximizer VS edge VS BD

tmg115
04-09-2002, 18:06
alright. which one will get you off the line faster, let you go faster, and maybe help fuel millage better? also how much do each cost? what do you all think?

[ 04-09-2002: Message edited by: tmg115 ]</p>

NFLDMAX
04-09-2002, 18:09
Please do tell, I am "dying" to buy one :cool:

AzKevin
04-09-2002, 18:48
For those that haven't seen this, here's the closest thing to a comparison.

Edge did a dyno difference of the Edge Juice to the VA. Since the VA has comparable performance to the Duramaximizer one can draw some conclusion. The lowest Edge setting has nearly the same dyno plot as the VA (for most of the RPM band).

http://www.edgeproductsinc.com/dynodif.html

[ 04-09-2002: Message edited by: AzKevin ]</p>

mackin
04-09-2002, 19:13
Its a list that's growing that kind of data going to be tough. I'll tell you one that out of the box, NO ONE has been so enthusiastic as BOOMERHD in the HOTROD mode........ My money is on the JUICE BY EDGE. I invite you to visit over to the TDR and ask one Cummins guy about EDGE and their products.....I'm not going to beat up anyone's else's products, I to soon will have a "JUICE" in my truck and I'll post my results......Once the towing results come out then it will be decisive .... There is a lot of BullyDogs on ebay that don't sell under $500 ,entry price was $799. They were the originator of all with a dial like Pacific Audio, Duramaximiser and a couple more . The Van Aaken box came out next. Now that is what the Dynomite is a rehashed V/A. The ones with different switch 3 settings I think, are clones of the V/A. There is probably others by different names same principle. The first ones concentrated on fuel pressure, OK within the pyrometers of the engines design but who wants to test that all day. Then the scares of fuel in the oil problem arose. Which really should not have anything to do with it, some did it with no mods......This brings us to today's new enhancement. The Juice and TTS, both probably IMHO will be the best, With one distinct difference. The TTS (a hand held device ) reprograms your existing computer to all new settings across the board. Good but in my eyes bad (until proven wrong) . Once there set how do you bring it back to original settings? If there is a problem and you need to bring it in..... When you go to dealer to get your computer reflashed, they connect to GM for the necessary data.....I feel some where deep in side the pcm a reprogram will be visible.....Lets say you go in for a No start problem, are you going to be able to reflash your pcm before you get there? Do you not think the will not check for data? Now the "JUICE" same thing but TOTALLY REMOVABLE ,No internal switches in the cab. Although a possible history may be present, AKA a code....It will be generic once the box is off so will a whole lot of other changes to your pcm....Note that both work with in the max. allowed torque that the Allison will handle. Just remember what ever you do somehow you could get into a problem with your dealer,or worse. Some dealers are not bad, some are tough as nails......If I'm wrong on some statements please correct me......I've been wrong before... I cannot believe there is already a clone for the "JUICE" before it hits the streets full bore......Hope others chime in that know alot more than me....
MAC :D :D

[ 04-09-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

MaxNouT
04-09-2002, 19:40
mackin,
The Edge Products "Juice" sounds like the way to go!!!!!!!
smile.gif ;) ;)

NFLDMAX
04-10-2002, 05:24
Thanks for the info. smile.gif

BOOMERHD
04-10-2002, 08:53
Nothing but JUICE!!! Sex is the only better GRIN maker :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Boomer

pontiac_m18
04-14-2002, 19:46
TMG115,www.duramaximizer.com Even has videos with the d-max in them!! $795.00 Howard :eek: :confused: :D

AzKevin
04-14-2002, 20:31
Howard,

I see one with your name on it! :D

Mike Vonada
04-15-2002, 07:22
I tried the different boxes on my Cummins (my other life) and the Edge box out proformed them all :D :D The other thing the boys at Edge are just first class and bend over backwards to please you and stand behind their products.

pontiac_m18
04-15-2002, 14:44
AZKEVIN, if you see one with my name on it., it means you bought it for me!!! Just e-mail me & I'll be glad to give you my address so you can send that "BAD BOY" to me. And I want to publicily thank for buying this for me & yes this is the ONLY way I would put one on cause the last thing I would want to do is go to the "WOODWARD CRUISE" & pay the ticket after some little kid dares me to "LITE THEM UP" Howard

pullinpower
04-15-2002, 16:08
Wonder if I could get one by the end of the week? Going to talladega to see the WC cars and will have 3 guys and all our gear in tow and would really like to be juiced up.LOL :D