PDA

View Full Version : Cold lop revisited !!!!!!

mackin
10-24-2002, 09:11
I'm gonna have to break down and bring it in it's starting to get annoying.....

1) With the BANKS I can hear it lop in the house.......

2) I think it may be compounded by one or two leaky injectors as I've said be for I've seen smoke......

3) This is good.....Mine lops so bad.....How bad is it you ask????? My oil pressure needle THROBS !!!!!! No kidding I couldn't believe it .....But only a tiny tac fluctuation.....?????

What's up with that???
Anyone else see this??
First time I noticed it was today....
It's getting chilly was in the 20's......

MAC :(

armalite
10-24-2002, 11:18
Hey Mackin,

Mine lopes too. Especially when cold. You can also feel it in the truck when idling. Kind of like a slight rocking motion.

JEBar
10-24-2002, 14:28
Mack...mine developed a minor lope after adding Juice 3.5 (not bad at all but was not there before)...since changing to 4.3, has been rock steady .... cannot explain it ... Jim

Mic
10-24-2002, 16:14
mackin,

you've got mail ! :D

DMAXDiva
10-24-2002, 16:27
Hi Mac:

Yep, mine "lopes" too...reminds me of my old LS6 big block at idle, especially with the Banks(gee, that's not so bad...'shame it signals a potential injector pump problem!)

No discernable tach twitch either; must be around only 20rpm or so, but certainly audible. Wish I could attribute it solely to cold ambient temp, but the coldest we've seen here in Houston so far has been a frosty 58 degrees! tongue.gif

Guess I'd better upgrade to the Caliente Juice...maybe that will cure it! :D

mackin
10-24-2002, 18:24
Mine has loped from about ..... Eh a long time, over a year and a half......Cold I should say....But I have noticed some slight hot lop but nothing like when it's cold.....

What I guess I'm getting at is, it's getting WORSE ......First I've seen about it, cold lop progressively getting worse.....I guess the rest all ready got fed up with it.....Like I said waiting in the ADRENALINE boost line this mourning (Dunkin Donuts) I was looking at gauges and I see my oil pressure gauge swaying to the beat of the lop.....Unbelievable.....So "Mic" thanks cause I'm gonna get it fixed pretty soon.....Just it runs so good I hate to mess with it.....But the pulsing surging constantly while brakes are applied cold, is starting to get annoying .....So I got to do it.....I guess I'll do the soup to nuts .....TCM too.....

MAC :(

GMC-2002-Dmax
10-24-2002, 20:29
MAC,

;) GO FOR IT!!!!

If all else fails trade for an '03 GMC :D

GMC

woundedbear
10-25-2002, 08:44
Mic,

Don't mean to be nosey, but what did you email mackin? I also have a cold lope and if you emailed him the solution to the fix, would you want to include me, as well? Is it simply a programming update?

Mic
10-25-2002, 11:53
woundedbear

COLD lope is generally fixed with a calibration reflash.

Early 2001 experienced this lope hot AND cold. For us, a calibration reflash did not cure the hot lope. :(

[ 10-25-2002: Message edited by: Mic ]</p>

MaxedOut
10-26-2002, 08:43
Mic

I've had the latest ECM/TCM updates. Cold surge (not lopy idle) is present 'till the truck warms up. I'm thinking injector or pump or regulator. Dealer wont touch it - plus or minus 200rpm is normal according to them. I drive under five miles to and from work and it surges all the way there and all the way back. FRUSTRATING! The service guys have this "Deer in the Headlights" look.

armalite
10-28-2002, 12:01
At the dealer now getting TCM/ECM updates. Also replacing right daytime running light. Will post results later.

armalite
10-30-2002, 11:26
ECM/TCM updates done. Truck seems to run much better. The cold lope is still present, but not as pronounced. The throttle feels much better and the idle quality seems imporved at full operating temperature.