PDA

View Full Version : New guy checking in with G-Tech numbers!!

TO-D-MAX
04-10-2002, 20:50
Been checking the forum out for a few weeks now. Purchased my truck last Thursday. Two miles on the clock and still in the wrapper!!

Took it out this afternoon with the G-Tech to see what it would do.

I was really surprised for a big truck.
0-60 ....8.6 sec.
1/4 mile 16.5 sec. @ 86.5 MPH.

Anyone else seen what theres will do??
I know that the G-Tech is not perfect, but how do these numbers look?

Look forward to sharing with all of you in the future.

Kennedy
04-10-2002, 21:37
You will find quite a variance due to climate, elevation, fuel quality etc, so the Gtech is actually most beneficial to measure changes in performance.

My Dmax baseline is 9.3 0-60, and 17.3@82 mph. This is at 7600# with me and my winter sand bag weight in the box.

I have gone as fast as 15.2, but the Allison did not like that :eek: 15.4 is much easier on it...

Looking forward to good summer fuel, and complete break in soon!

SoCalDMAX
04-10-2002, 21:39
TO-D-MAX,

Congrats on the new truck! and Welcome to the Forum!!

2mi on the thing and you're beating on it already? We've got a future dragster here folks! Based on the "break it in the way you're gonna drive it" philosophy. ;)

Search around for info on accessories, filters, breakin advice, etc.

0-60mph in 8.6 sec? Hmmm... sounds a little slow... mine's doing 0-60 in 6.45 sec. With propane and a fueling box. ;)

Those numbers sound about right! Remember, it'll loosen up and rev freer, get better performance and economy after it breaks in, which might take a while. Make sure to tape the cord down so it doesn't tilt the G Tech and skew the results. (Tip from PEANUTGRWR, as well as how not to remove your tie rod...)

I got a sinking feeling your tires aren't gonna last long, just a hunch... ;)

Regards, Steve

TO-D-MAX
04-10-2002, 22:06
Actually after a trip to Texas Motor Speedway and back this weekend it's closer to around 1000 miles now. So I figured it wouldn't hurt to flog it a couple of times.

And yes as they say "back in the day" we would break a new engine in like we were going to drive it. Many a times we would complete an engine rebuild on Friday night and be out racing on Saturday.

That's what warrenty is for right?? smile.gif smile.gif

sonofagun
04-11-2002, 08:24
TO-D-MAX,

Welcome to the Forum and the world of DMAX. Enjoy the ride! How was the Speedway?

I would delete the post just before this one (computer took control and sent it early) BUT system won't let me do that!!!

Regards,
Bob

[ 04-11-2002: Message edited by: son of a gun ]</p>

TO-D-MAX
04-11-2002, 10:24
:mad: :mad: I have decided that I will NEVER go back to the races there again. :mad: :mad:

I have been every year since the track opened, but this is the first year that I have camped.

We had a total of 26 Boy Scouts and Leaders in 10 tents. The camping area SUCKED. The police and track workers were *ssholes and even some of the other race fans and fellow campers were as rude as I have ever seen.

Other than that we had a great time smile.gif smile.gif

Thanks for the welcome!!

MNBowTie
04-11-2002, 11:25
Congrats and welcome, I have a couple of questions for you:

What Body style:
4x, or 2x?
If 4x, did you have it engaged?
Auto, or ZF
How many RPMS on the brake stand?
What part of the country are you from?

much appreciated

TO-D-MAX
04-11-2002, 11:34
2wd......Allison.......Didn't power brake it, just punched it and went. Didn't relly have time to play with launch points. Just did it as a quick experiment.

Wichita, Kansas

Thanks,