PDA

View Full Version : Good experence with dealer!

GBurton
07-16-2002, 11:50
After hearing about the problems that some folks have had with a dealer I wanted to share my latest experence.

I have had to jump start my truck on several occations. Usually the truck was parked for 4 to 5 days. No pattern, it just happened at random.
I made an appointment with my dealer to let them check it out. I spoke with the tech after he checked out the truck. Batteries checked out good and there was no abnormal current drain. He told me that he was going to call tech support to see if they had any suggestions. I mentioned that I had read about some AC relay problems.

When I spoke with him a few minutes later he told me that he would be happy to work on my truck anytime. He thanked me for sharing the information with him about the AC system. It seems that he said something to the tech support folks about the possible problem with the AC system draining the battery. Tech support went directly to that information, told him what to check and what parts to order. Parts are on the way, simple, painless and I hope it solves my problem. There are good dealer out there. smile.gif

George

schnier
07-16-2002, 12:07
I had a problem that sounds like yours but could be different. The Fan Switch would keep blowing fuses on the number five setting, several times. It turned out that the fan on high was a seperate fuse and the wire was pinched by the emergency brake lever by the floor board. They replaced the wire and it has been fine for about a year now. You could have a wire shorting out like this.