PDA

View Full Version : Stanadyne safe?

SWLA
07-16-2002, 12:51
All this talk about refusing warranty work because of aditives has me wondering. I bought a case of stanadyne a few months back. I don't use it regularly, either I forget or get lazy. I do try to use it when I travel as I am trying to break the elusive 20 mpg barrier(Best so far 19.5 at 70 mph average). On average I probably use it once every 5 tanks. Now I wonder if I should use it at all. I'm probably not getting much benefit from it at this point using it infrequently. I seem to remember ther was a difference in how additives dealt with water. IIRC, some emulsify and some disperse. Which is better? What does Stanadyne do? I read that it was better to let the filter separate any water that gets in your fuel rather than have it emulsified. Am I making a mountain out of a mole hill?

By the way I'm approaching 15,000 trouble free miles (not counting steering rattle) and my first anniversary(bought new 10/01). What is the appropriate 1st anniversary gift/accessory for a truck anyway, paper? (New paper air filter possibly?) Maybe we should develop a new set for truck owners (1st=Plastic, 2nd=Electrical, 3rd=Aluminum, 5th=Chrome, etc). Bet my wife would not appreciate this kind of talk.

Flyboy
07-16-2002, 15:29
SWLA I would give it some juice!! Call me. We need to get together. 478-3704

SWLA
07-16-2002, 20:22
Flyboy,

Good to see a local on the board. I'm leaving town for a long weekend in Destin,FL tomorrow, I'll holler at you when I get back. By the way , what do all the initials in your signature stand for?

motovet
07-17-2002, 00:52
I put the stuff in every fill up. Does it do any good? It surely does no harm as of yet and many on here swear by it. Good enough for me.

FormulaPro
07-17-2002, 11:17
I'll take a stab at Fly's initials:

GOA = er..no Idea.

NRA = National Rifle Association (Mossberg)

EAA = Experimental Aircraft Association (I am partial to Van's RV6-a!)

AOPA = Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association

AMA = American Motorcylcist Association.

VFW = Veterens of Foreign Wars

He and I have a LOT in common....'cept I don't see PADI, HOG, BMWCCA ....sheese no wonder I am always broke...to many membership dues!

:D

Flyboy
07-17-2002, 18:20
GOA = Gun Owners of America. All the rest is correct. I may have left out some, I'm not shure!