PDA

View Full Version : Replace Muffler with Straight Pipe

ford2chevy
04-11-2002, 13:39
Anyone done this. Can you get a bolt on 3.5" pipe with not welding. I don't want to spent the money on a full exaust when it already breathes good-muffler. Are there any replacement mufflers out there that are bolt on?

csimo
04-11-2002, 15:12
The factory system is welded. I just had a Flo-Pro muffler put on yesterday. It's very close to the same size as the factory. A little louder.

pullinpower
04-11-2002, 15:23
Flowmaster and jk makes good mufflers that just weld in place of the stock unit. At one time I thought about hacking my muffler off and getting some 3.5 flex and those good clamps and doing it that way but still havent done anything.

Mic
04-11-2002, 19:16
in response to the topic posted.
i did cut out the factory muffler and replaced with 2 mandrel bent pieces to form an "S" like shape. oh and added a 5" polished chrome tip 12"long! to megaphone the sound.

DmaxCC6spd
04-12-2002, 06:35
I went the straight pipe route, and just this week I ordered a kit from Kennedy. The straight pipe is extremely loud outside the truck. I decided that it was time to tone down the beast. All those goofy *** cars with wierd exhaust would run and hide from this screaming animal. It sounded like a concrete truck on crack. Just my .02

srubrn
04-15-2002, 20:17
I too have the flo-pro muffler. It is nearly a direct replacement. Had a muffler shop here order it and put it on. The total was about $160. Don't know if any of it does any good. Not too loud though.

DSLPOWR
04-17-2002, 18:15
When I had my HD straight piped all they did is mandrel bend a 3.5" piece to fit and weld it on, no hassles. I kept the muffler and piece of pipe just in case.