PDA

View Full Version : Washing the Duramax

truckin
07-16-2002, 14:49
I know this has been discussed many times before. I am considering rinsing the dust of my engine. I did a search and could not find where anyone had any problems from this. I am not planning to use a pressure washer and I will cover the Bosch EDU. Has anybody had any problems from doing this?

JimErickson
07-16-2002, 15:07
I have washed mine many times.

A few times I didn't even cover the elec box. I just avoided hitting it as much as possible.

No problems here

Jim

sonofagun
07-16-2002, 16:13
truckin,

Cover the box (just a good idea) and charge on.

Bob

SoCalDMAX
07-16-2002, 16:26
Someone on here once posted that he used Pledge on his plastic and metal engine parts when the engine was cold. It looked good and helped keep the dust from sticking to the parts... haven't tried it yet myself.

Regards, Steve

ccds
07-16-2002, 17:28
going to give it a shot, but will cover the
electrical boxes.

thanks for the info

smile.gif

mackin
07-16-2002, 19:57
SoCalDMAX,

With or with out the LEMON SCENT........? tongue.gif
Follow up with a feather duster once a week ,and your neighbors will be calling in the straight jacket team.......

MAC :D smile.gif :D
Guys,
Steve does his in the garage with the door closed....... That's how he knows it works..... tongue.gif

[ 07-16-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

Captain Mal
07-16-2002, 20:27
Trucking,

I have used S100 on my engine a couple of times. Just spray it on and lightly hose it off. Make sure the engine is cold.

No problems yet and I don't spray water hard on the EDU. When done I spray a little belt lube on the belt. All looks good so far.

'01 GMC 2500 4x4 ext sb D/A

HawgGuy
07-16-2002, 20:49
And I thought I was anal....

-bob :)

hickcox
07-16-2002, 20:55
I just take mine into the quarter wash, keep the engine running and blast everything real good, accept the EDU. Afterwards I take the truck for a short drive, go home and proceed to spray the whole engine compartment down with a whole can of WD40. Still looks like the day I picked it up, and with no visible rusting of any part under the hood.

SoCalDMAX
07-16-2002, 20:59
MAC,

Bustin' on me again? This is from a guy who washes his black truck weekly! Hey don't tell my wife I know what Pledge is or that I know how to use a feather duster, she thinks I'm a Neanderthal and so far it's working! ;) Aarrgghh! aarrgghh! aarrgghh!

OK, wanna see something funny? Go to Mdrag's truck pics and check out the Mag-Hytech diff cover install. Not only did he give better instructions than the mfr did, but his differential and axle tubes are shinier than the brand new diff cover that just came out of the plastic bag! He had to have waxed the diff to get it that shiny! Look for yourselves... ;)

Still rolling just thinking about it!

Regards, Steve

NutNbutGMC
07-17-2002, 04:24
^.....Feather duster??? ....ROTF....LMAO....

And a maid's uniform, possibly??? :D :D

SoCalDMAX
07-17-2002, 18:00
NutNbutGMC,

A maids uniform? You are really, really sick! ;)

You need professional help! Quick, buy something for the truck! It always works for me.

Steve (wearing pants, lucky for you!)