PDA

View Full Version : EGR you kidding me?

rockhouse
09-25-2003, 15:13
Howdy,
Bout at the end of my rope. I've got a 94 6.5 Turbo. It also has an EGR valve on top of the intake. I was getting a code 33 "egr control pressure/baro sensor circuit high" when idling in gear. It goes off when I accelerate. I have changed both egr solinoids, & the map sensor with no success. I have plenty of vaccuum, & the hoses are good. I put in a Heath chip, & manual wastegate. I was told the chip would cure the problem. No luck. Any tips?

grape
09-25-2003, 17:07
use a hand vacuum pump hooked up directly to the egr valve and see if the diaphram is broken in the valve itself.

Uncle Wally
09-25-2003, 17:34
Check your electrical grounds between the cab, engine and frame.

Waldo

rockhouse
09-25-2003, 18:26
Howdy Grape,
I am able to operate the valve with vaccuum. Haven't tried the ground thing yet. Where in FW are you?

Joe

David Brady
09-26-2003, 06:19
Rock,
I agree with Uncle Wally on checking the grounds. I had all the EGR codes, did the same upgrades with the Turbo master and Heath chip and eliminated the EGR codes. The next upgrade I did was the non EGR intake and I think pulling all the intake bolts and cleaning them and the holes into the heads cured the other code problems. The one in the back right corner was tight on top but wasn't that tight down in the head and of course had oil all over it. If you chase down the grounds, call Bill Heath and check with him. I found him very helpful.