PDA

View Full Version : Free BD exhaust brake for a CA duramax

Desert Diesel
04-11-2002, 15:08
Just got this off the BD GMC forum....

""We are in need of a DuraMax that has a EGR system. These vehilces are normally in the California market and are recent 02 production.

The condition is that the truck will have to be driven to our Plant here in the Vancouver area and stay with us for 2-3 days.

During this time we would work on installing a exhaust brake with an egr control kit.

We have these egr controls kits being installed in the field but need one here to make up the proper kit and installation instructions as well as testing operations.

Please contact me direct Brian@bd-power.com or call 800 887 5030""

Mic
04-11-2002, 19:19
desert diesel

did you take them up on the offer?

AzKevin
04-11-2002, 19:37
SoCalDmax,

Here's a chance to get one up on mdrag without touching the credit card! Load up the propane tank and let it rip. Let's see 1300 miles one way, taking into account the speed limiter, you could get there in a little over 13 hours. smile.gif

Desert Diesel
04-11-2002, 19:44
Mic,

No I didn't, Thought about it though.
But I really don't have a need for one and am swamped at work right now.
There is probably someone out there that actually may need one and they might be able to set up the installation to coincide with the DP Rendezvous :D ;)

David

SoCalDMAX
04-11-2002, 19:55
Kevin,

Thanks for thinking of me! If I lived a little closer, I'd consider it. I'm swamped at work, cancelling dental appts, everything. I promised the Dept. head I'd have this "high profile" project done before I go on vacation and it's gonna be close!

There are some NorCal guys who tow a lot and they're much closer, this would be perfect for them!

Did the big brown truck bring you any boxes lately? I'm so curious about it, I'll send you the G Tech Pro if you'd like to get some before/after numbers on it.

Regards, Steve

PS: The "Keepin' up with the Mdrags" race is so hopeless I'm not even gonna try! ;)

AzKevin
04-11-2002, 21:10
Steve,

No brown delivery trucks yet. I was so curious I spoke with the distributor and he still hasn't received anything yet. He could receive something this Friday and so the soonest I would receive one would be early next week. :(

The G-tech is a heck of a good idea. I'll email the home address. :cool: :cool:

DmaxMaverick
04-12-2002, 04:53
Don't that figure! My ship comes in and I'm at the airport! Doggonit. Wrong truck!

Evan A. Beck
04-14-2002, 14:12
I installed a BD exhaust brake on a '02 Chev a couple weeks ago. Worked great, the tow/haul mode really shows its true colors with an exhaust brake installed. BD's still got a few bugs to work out, but other that that, it works awesome. :D

Desert Diesel
04-16-2002, 10:50
It's been taken.......

"Author: BRIAN@BD
Date: 2002-04-15 15:52:09

a big thanks to all that have shown interest in coming up for us to take a look at them strange California trucks.

I do beleive we have Tom coming up and Lyall and George in the wings if some thing falls through."