PDA

View Full Version : DEAD DURAMAX

kalyumet
04-11-2002, 18:43
I'm saddened to announce the passing of by beloved Duramax. At only 9500 miles the cam gear decided to do a little dance and mess with perfection. Maybe the early warning signal at 7500 miles when the crank & cam sensors went out should have given us cause for further investigation. Presently, viewing is at the local Chevy dealership. Maybe we should have opted for the closed casket as it is almost to much to bear looking at the dearly departed with the whole top end torn off. Being laid out for better than 30 days of the last 60 is much too long of a viewing time. The poor thing is starting to gather dust.
Chevy says they will fix it up good as new, I'm not so sure that it will ever be the same as when I first fell in love.
Memorial email can be sent to Chevy asking how this tragedy could be avoided in the future.

Here is a photo of the dearly departed!

http://pic5.picturetrail.com:80/VOL83/525773/746552//8740657.jpg
:confused:

mackin
04-11-2002, 19:20
My condolences.........I'll kick my oil can around the garage 21 times while saluting the Chevy emblem hanging in my garage in memory of our fallen D-MAX............
Best of luck.........
MAC :( :(

01_Duramax_Dually
04-11-2002, 19:39
Please....
A Moment of silence for a fallen comrade!!!

With all that said, Just think, a new bullet will soon find it's home.

I know NutNbutGMC will have some words of the passing... :D

Jeff

TXMAX
04-11-2002, 20:56
My Condolences. It's bad enough for it to be down but 30 out of 60 days? It sounds to me like GM should be about to provide you with a new truck. I would be beyond perturbed. Good luck!

Abe

AzKevin
04-11-2002, 22:54
kalyumet,

Are these claims for real? You seem to be taking it with much humor and little concern for fact finding. I'd be more interested in knowing whether anyone else has had similar problems, any possible solutions, etc.

Looks like you're making the pickup truck bulletin board circuit with new memberships and first posts of the "DEAD DURAMAX". Both here, www.pickuptruck.com, and www.gm-trucks.com.

I'm not buying it newbie.

[ 04-11-2002: Message edited by: AzKevin ]</p>

DMAX4LIFE
04-11-2002, 23:23
Maybe this guy understands that any machine can fell. The picture looks pretty real to me. Not to start any flames or anything, but what's not to buy. Guess I am just more trusting.

mackin
04-12-2002, 04:18
AzKevin,

Under closer REVIEW.....
You probably are right.........If so, We'll toss the kitchen sink at him........
I know how you feel about trash talk,I can't stand it my self, but this is a D-MAX at the DR. GENERAL'S OFFICE..........Follow the link......Somebody here will be able to tell what those "GUTS" are on the fender...I'm a little skeptical with the "LIKE A ROCK" description we will see...........Maybe he's angry....Looks like his name here is on the truck ? I'll give him the benifit of doubt for now.........

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=746552&uid=525773

kalyumet,
Keep us truthfully informed.
Just hope you were not just damage shopping with a digital camera. LOL ......IF your are here playing ,won't be long your cover will be discovered........
MAC :D :D

[ 04-12-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

DmaxMaverick
04-12-2002, 04:43
kalyumet
Sorry for you loss!

BTW: I'm a NEWBIE! (just because my posting status indicates otherwise doesn't mean I didn't just fall off the turnip truck yesterday)

kalyumet
04-12-2002, 06:19
Hey Guys,

As hard as it is to believe this is no B.S. What good does it do to yell and scream online.
I tried to get Chevy to replace motor but they refused. Chevy says this is the only Duramax to fail like this. I was shocked at their "oh well, no big deal" attitude. Contacted State Attorney General and BBB . Just wanted to spread the word in case anyone else had similar experience.
So far I have driven a Chrysler mini-van, Dodge Ram 1500, and Pontiac Montana courtesy of Enterprise and Chevy. None of them come close being able to do the things I bought my 2500HD for.

Breck
04-12-2002, 07:01
Dmax Man should be able to help out; he helps out with warrenty stuff?

DMAX4LIFE
04-12-2002, 08:20
oops....just noticed that I mis-spelled fail. lol :D

kalyumet
05-12-2002, 13:08
Update on DEAD DURAMAX:

GM has called me an offered a new truck. Mine is still in the shop.(since March 21st.)

After filing a complaint with the BBB Autoline against Chevrolet GM has called me and offered a new engine, extended warranty and rebate on payments. I told them I would see them at the arbitration hearing. Two days later they call back and say after reviewing my file they would like to offer me a new vehicle.

Maybe the end is in sight, a new 2500HD!

Thanks for your support! tongue.gif

NutNbutGMC
05-12-2002, 14:11
Kal... Good for you. Hang in there. A brand d@mn new truck !!! Wooo Hooo!!! Now break this one in correctly, and you won't have any problems... Hard and fast... wide open and never look back... :D