PDA

View Full Version : Different boxes, how 'bout some fuel numbers?

Alli-max
04-11-2002, 21:12
What kind of mileage increase / decrease are you seeing on your boxes?? VA, Edge, etc.

Sure would be nice to know what some highway numbers are, as well as when you are really on it around town...

Joe.G
04-14-2002, 16:31
I seem to get about 1 mpg better on the 30hp setting with the VA box. This is straight highway at 70 to 75 mph, just went to Baytown from Kerens with a Bayou 300 loaded in the bed and back on 23 gallons driving close to 75 and 80. Hope this helps. (458 miles)

Plasticfantastic
04-14-2002, 17:19
Same thing I want to know Alli-max.
These guys been generatin' a gazillion posts about tire fryin' and the like. Wish somebody would drive a while like they "borrowed" it instead of stole it :D and let us know what kind of numbers they get then.....

pushpole
04-14-2002, 18:06
Ditto, is 400 miles of sensible driving too much to ask of you EPA watch list scoundrels and pioneers of the latest hot rod technology? I'm sure after the rush is over (weeks? months? years?) someone will step up to the plate. :D

Kennedy
04-14-2002, 19:31
I've pulled high 17's and low 18's with the VA box on, so on my last trip (Friday night and Saturday) I ran 400 miles with no box on and got a dissapointing 16mpg. I then hooked on to a 17,000# stack of trailers measuring 13'2" tall and proceeded to knock down upper 6's! The second loaded tank was mid 7's after I became more familiar with how to "coax" the Allison into OD.

All in all, the truck handled it well. Acceleration was not a problem until the wind took over at 45mph. That combined with the generally windy conditions of SD and MN along with the rolling hills made good and sure that the Dmax is WELL broken in now! A more patient man would have been satisfied to run 45-50 mph which is where it was comfortable, but I ran 55-60 wherever I could. Best thing of all was NO fuel in my oil which is what happened last time I towed! I guess in fairness, I have never gotten any reasonable mpg driving in these areas.

Oh yeah 988

RichC
04-14-2002, 22:26
I run the Duramaxizer. Last week ran 600 miles with the box set about 50%. Got 19.565 mpg for the trip. not bad considering some of it was in the mountains on I- 40. If I keep my foot out of the throttle, I see no change in milage. :D :D

Towing it will do 10 to 14 with my 22' enclosed car trailer depending on load. Trailer weighs 3500, 1965 pontiac weighs 4200.

Egts run from 600 empty to 1100 loaded. the box is smoothe as silk and sets no codes empty or loaded and no Fuel in Oil so far. (8,000 miles)

mackin
04-15-2002, 07:38
It's so hard ...Not to 'STOMP" on it with the "JUICE" it's like being YOUNG DUMB AND FULL OF............. All over again...But I'll top off my tank and post some #'S later ......It's gonna be tough lot's of sacrifice on my part...........I'll print a picture of a cop car and stick it to my rearview.......LOL
MAC :D :D :D :D :D

mackin
04-15-2002, 18:59
All right I said I would try....Couldn't do it......Riding around like a nut......As they say DRIVING IT LIKE I STOLE IT JUST SHORT OF BEING IN PURSUIT OF THE LAW.......Being under the influence of the "JUICE" is not for slow poking around yet for me,,,,, Even my wife said when I was driving around the town we live in...... "I hope it's one of your cop friends who pulls you over"..LOL :D :D Anyway mixed driving mostly city traffic with air on, almost 80 here today in CT.....230 miles took 15 gallons to top it off = 15.333333333. Not to bad for a 3500 4x4. I'm not complaining, never had anything perform that well, with as much thrill, give me them kinda numbers...... The "JUICE " is still to new to get me off the throttle. Sorry......
MAC :D :D