PDA

View Full Version : 01 D-Max Problems

TooMuchMuscle
10-25-2002, 19:48
I purchased a 2001 D-Max brand new 2 and half months ago. With only 10,000 miles since then I have had two injector pumps replaced and now have a running truck with an undercarriage that looks like it is 20 years old. I went to pick my truck up today and had noticed that the dealer (Chevy of El Monte)had applied undercoating to the whole under-side, without cleaning any of the diesel first. Service is terrible and problems keep occuring. Anyone have contact information for upper management within GM. Thanks

ChevysRus
10-26-2002, 00:33
How did you find a new '01 2.5 months ago??????

Must have been hidden out back on the lot. Why didn't you get an '02 or an '03?????

Maybe you gotta good deal, but when you drove that puppie away it suddenly became 2 years old!!!

Did that truck have any mileage when you got it? Just curious, maybe there had been other issues and someone brought it back.

My '01 bought in May '01 just hit 22.5K and has purred or ticked like a kitten since day one! I guess I am one of the lucky ones and we seem to be in the majority sorry to say.

In the back of your manual is contact info for GM customer service. Time to make that call, maybe they will take that truck back given all the issues

Good Luck

TooMuchMuscle
10-26-2002, 09:57
I have contacted all the necessary people, Customer Service, Chevrolet of El Monte General Manager and the California Attorney General. Yesturday I went in to see if they would buy it back but there answer was no. I have a clean, good looking truck with an undercarriage of a 1970's truck.
As for purchasing the truck, I really dont know why there was a 2001 D-Max for sale in the middle of 2002. When I purchased the truck there was 17 miles on it. It was brand new.

polaris800
10-30-2002, 08:27
Use the "LEMON LAW." It's truly on your side. I had a 2001 Duramax and now am a proud owner of a NEW 2003. Its a major improvement from the 01.

Jerry

01_Duramax_Dually
10-30-2002, 09:14
Hey dare ChebbyRus....How goes it???
You gonna be at the GoodGuys Get Together in November????. Maybe I will swing by. The car is in another metamorphisis so I can "Browse" the show....

Polaris800,
I just rode in a new 2003 and honestly it felt exactly the same. It was an LT 3500 and I have an LS so the interior options were different but the truck drove, stop and accelerated just like my 100% stock '01. The only difference was the FAT sticker price. My friend who bought the truck used some of the incentives available but GM is still not negotiating in regards to price. A scooosh over invoice and That's it! Tax and License in California and POW....$46K. For the money difference,IMHO,it is not worth giving up an 01 for 03, maybe an 04 with new power upgrades......The 01 has some advantages that the 03 does not have, in'01 you had no CAT exhaust so you can modify at will as there is NO SMOG, you get the 5 year 100K mile drivetrain warranty......and you avoid the "New Front" end on the Chebby...... :D

Either way though, they sure are great trucks!!!..... smile.gif

Kennedy
10-30-2002, 10:54
Why does the undercarriage look 20yrs old? Bring it to WI and it will looks 10x better than a 1yr old truck I'd bet. Seriously, a good dealer can detail the undercarriage to look like new.

I really don't think too many people look under there anyhow...

TooMuchMuscle
10-30-2002, 10:56
I love the truck. I just sold a 2001 8.1L and it was great, but hauling up to Moab cost too much money. The DMax is great I just cant afford to break down on the open highway.

About the Lemon Law, I was told by a lawyer that the fuel pump had to fixed 4 or more times before it goes into the "Lemon Law" catagory. And all of this needs to happen before 18,000 miles, I already have 10,000 miles.

I will look into the new 04' in a year but right now, funding requires me to stay with my 01'

01_Duramax_Dually
10-30-2002, 11:46
TooMuchMuscle,
Sorry to hear of your problems...I think you just need to find a better dealership to help you. Sometimes it is as simple as that.

That is a sore subject here on this site is LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE....

Hope things pan out for you.....

TooMuchMuscle
10-30-2002, 12:53
01_,
I have been reading all the topics on the page and have noticed everyone getting ancy about customer service. I have been a long time Chevy owner and have had no problems with there service. Now, after spending a lot on a nice truck, I find the service to be terrible and worthless. Chevy needs to get in gear and get these kinks out of the diesel and a lot of people are going to be happy. This is the first diesel, Chevy has, that competes with the others, but with customer service the way it is, people are not going to switch from Ford or Dodge.

I still like the truck and plan on keeping it for the long haul. This truck flys...

polaris800
10-30-2002, 13:53
The "LEMON LAW" is on your side. I dont know why ANY attorney would suggest bad information on what your legal rights are. You do need to seek out an expert who deals with these types of LAWS. This vehicle comes standard with a 3/36 period. This in it self allows and grants you certain rights under the law. Anyway enough said on that issue. Regarding the 01 vs 03 well I beg to differ with you on this issue. I think they make a few improvments that make this a much better vehicle. First, they majorly improved the lights i.e. low,high,fog lights. Much brighter and a wider spand in front of you. Next the TRANS is much better then the 01 even with all updates period. The shift is very smooth in the new models. The extras that are availble such as the BOSE radio all the new electronics in the sterring wheel just makes this a dream vehicle. Finally, %%%%%%%%0000000000%%%%%%% no interest for 3 years. Try and get that from your local bank. I paid $200 over invoice and got my order in less then 6 weeks. Crew Cab 8' box. Invoice was $44,678 and I paid $39,133 + 200 little over 12% off sticker.

01_Duramax_Dually
10-30-2002, 15:51
TooMuchMuscle,
I agree, I had never had problems with Customer Service ever until this truck.I am a Chevrolet owner and always have been.I even took it back to the dealer I bought it from and got cold shoulder treatment. Finally took it the dealer that has some of my racer friends working in the Parts department. They took care of me without any garbage. Got the steering bearing kit installed and they never even took for a test drive and I did not even have the problem to speak of....Just showed them the TSB and it was done....

Hope someone helps you out.

Polaris800, Well that's what is great about "Next Years Models", They make a few improvements that some people like and want and others do not care about. You must have had a bad tranny experience, My tranny has been excellent hence my comments about no noticeable difference when driving my friends. Since I am not a HUGE fan of electronic stuff hence my buying a LS model. All that stuff ends adding more to the mess and complicating things. I guess I would never use or need everything on the steering wheel.. But again that's me.....
I need POWER for towing and reliability.....the rest is BONUS...

Glad you like the "03, it will continue to boost sales. 01,02,03 and beyond should be a great truck

Carry On... :D