PDA

View Full Version : First Oil Change -- no tick?

konacat
04-12-2002, 11:28
Just hit 1500 miles and have chosen to change engine oil and rear end lube. Get the junk out of it early. Purchased my own gm filter and Rotella dino oil (4gal @ $5.89). Had the local quick oil change location do the service for me. They charged me $39.99 for the rear end lube (Pennzoil 75-90w synthetic) and changed my oil and filter with no additional charge. They even primed the oil filter! Although I am new to diesels, I do not believe that any new noises have occurred.

Kent Tuttle
04-12-2002, 12:00
I didn't notice any tick after my initial oil change. After the 2nd one is when it started. Seems to happen less often as a get more miles on this run, about 1200 miles. The truck runs great so I'm just going to keep on driven it!

Mike Vonada
04-15-2002, 08:00
Kent,
I have been looking at the different posts on this tick. Where does it come from and is it a metlic sound, lifter type noise??
Also noticed you and Konacat are close enough to call neighbors, any group in southern cal for Duramax?
Mike

Kent Tuttle
04-15-2002, 08:24
Mike,

Not sure on the tick? It seems to be random and less often as I get more miles on the current oil change. I'm not going to worry about, I would just keep on driven it!

I have not heard of any So Cal d-max groups? Might be kind of fun though.