PDA

View Full Version : Difficulty with warranty

chicoc48
12-07-2003, 16:45
Hey guys-
Just wanted some opinions on how to handle getting a few warranty things taken care of. My 02 GMC has been quite good to me so far, with only a few minor annoyances.

1) The delayed downshift. I leave the driveway in the am and roll out on the street- and the trans feels like it's in neutral, then slams into first. I printed off the TSB and gave two different dealers the number for the re-flash, but neither one would do it. They claim because my tires are not stock it's messing up the shifting... Are you serious?

2) My tach, gas gauge, and trans temp gauge must have a short in them somewhere... they will periodically all hang up (usually all together or not at all). This becomes a problem when you're on a trip and have no idea on what kind of fuel you have, among other things... they claim because I put on the silver nu-image faceplate, and they couldn't duplicate the problem that they won't fix it.

I did not raise enough of a stink I guess. The first one I visited was where I bought the truck, and the second was a dealer that had helped me out with my previous GMC. Any pointers on dealing with getting warranty work done? I don't want to come off like a jerk, because I know that won't get me anywhere, but I can't believe they won't even re-flash the tranny. It can't take more than a couple minutes, can it? I take great pride in my truck, and take better care than a lot of people. It really frustrates me that I can't get a few simple issues taken care of. 20 k mi on truck...

vent mode off... :D

chico

Hound
12-07-2003, 21:54
If you still have the OEM wheels and tires, put them back on. There was a bulletin out that said something to the effect of "do not troubleshoot drivablilty issues if larger tires have been installed". If you don't have them look for a different dealer who may or may not troubleshoot/reflash for you. Your gauge cluster issue sounds like you may have a bad ground. Replace your OEM face and have them try to duplicate. If that fails, replace your OEM face and when it does it drive directly to dealer and do not shut down till someone verifies it and agrees to work on it.