PDA

View Full Version : Went for a 3 hour Tour in my "JUICED " D-MAX it was no Gilligan's Island venue

mackin
04-13-2002, 12:22
OK,
Off I went. Roads are dry it's 72 and humid over cast........

Started up the D-MAX. Noticed cold idle isn't as lopey prior to the install.....
I'm taking it easy letting it warm up...You can just feel the power.....I notice the Pilot Injection is shutting off at 1800 rpms so at every shift it has that little "Chatter" :cool:
Today I decided I was going to drive around normal with only a fact finding mission on my mind. Try anyway :D
So it will be my first highway jaunt....AC is on it is muggy out...Going up the ramp accelerating already speeding. I'm gonna get in trouble it accelerates quickly and smoothly.....On the interstate when you hit the "JUICE" peddle easing it down ever so normal. It means business, didn't downshift just straight to 95mph so quick I was completely amazed.....Hello State Trooper.... I'm telling you this will be a TOW'ERS dream it pulls VERY HARD.......This is your answer.....Notice that the motor has a little louder diesel clatter, also TURBO WHISTLE is more noticeable accelerating and decelerating...I could hear it even with the radio at a comfortable level....Don't know if it has to do with my airbox setup or what, but it SOUNDS SWEET.... Well, about a 1 hr trip nuff of that......If I had my gauge pod in I would hook up with someone and do some towing....That's the way it goes something's happen to fast some things to slow....The Gauges the GENERAL gave me stayed in cue... Tranny and engine Temp were matched about 185-190 never higher even my 2 hr jaunt around the city's....AC ON... Which brings me into the city, this truck is an Animal but very Tame the option is there. I would
line up with anything and get the EDGE off the line tires squealing with ease... Lot's of power....went over my friends house that owns a 1999 Cummins 3500 4x4 wasn't home, Darn.
Was going to take him for a ride, I will maybe tomorrow. Was going to leave my signature 4 STRIP message but didn't residensal , and when I left my wife said you are not spending money on tires till YOUR done remolding the kitchen...
:(
Man I'm telling you EDGE got it all figured out.No ses or limps what so ever. Very smooth delivery of POWER...Good tranny shifts...I like it BIG TIME......They only way you know its there is when you want it and step on the go peddle.....If I wasn't so busy I should hook of with you CT. D-MAX guys and show you how sloooow your trucks are......Couldn't resist... :D :D
MAC :D :D
Doing my best to stay out of trouble with my LUNATIC "JUICED" UP D-MAX

JF
04-13-2002, 15:40
At what settings are you running? Do you have the same settings with and without tow/haul?

Pizza Man
04-13-2002, 17:38
Can I go for a drive with you? I'll meet you somewhere near I 84. I wanna fell the power!
Are you gonna tow with that dually?

mackin
04-13-2002, 19:43
JF

Yes....90 wopping HP

PIZZA MAN
Sure, Hmmmmmmmm, Bring 1 large sausage and mushroom and a Six Pack of Bud Long Necks .........Napkins and Forks.....
MAC :D :D :D :D

01_Duramax_Dually
04-17-2002, 07:52
Mackin,
You know, you make this so tempting...I have been holding off on any power enhancer as I am routinely breaking the law here in California. I scoof at that white backed, black lettered sign that states "Auto/Trucks with Trailers 55 mph"...that is flat ridiculous!!!!!

I love crossing over into Nevada...the signs say 70MPH which means EVERYBODY, every car, in any configuration....YaaaaaaaaHooooooooo!!!!!!

Anyway, I feel I would be ticket plaqued, I mean one of those, with a Kennedy exhaust...HOLY SCHNIKES!!!!!

How long did it take to install? Come on make this even harder to say NO...HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

mackin
04-17-2002, 13:30
10 mins....... Because I disconnected both Batteries..........

Took two off my friends for a ride today......Both Duramax owners.......One is a close friend, I gave him the keys. Rode in the passenger seat first time..Not liking the view from that side.LOL
Both were extremely pleased.Both want and will get them.......The smooth power deliver is exceptional ,very powerful said my buddy that has a 02 Dually 2 wheeler. The other all he could say was this BIG A** DUALLY PULLS LIKE A MOTHER....... He owns a 2500 HD 4x4 02. Would have bought mine on the spot if it was for sale.......You don't have to take my opinion it's going to spread like POISON IVY REAL SOON.
MAC :D :D

Meeting up hopefully with thechevyhdman this weekend if he every E-MAIL'S me.......No I'm not getting into the practice of handing my keys out ..... The guy who drove I have know for almost 20 years. So that is the criteria to get my "JUICE" peddle under your right foot..LOL

[ 04-17-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

sonofagun
04-17-2002, 15:37
Mackin,

Thanks for the detailed post.

Bob