PDA

View Full Version : Like A Kid With A New Toy!!!!!

RVGuy
07-17-2002, 20:49
Well, I finally did it. I just couldn't stand it anymore.

Today, I became the proud new owner of a Black 2002 Duramax/Allison, LT, CC, SB.

I've been in the garage all evening sitting in it, looking, touching, feeling and smelling. You guys know what I'm talking about.

Speaking of the garage. It fits by two inches. Whew!! We can no longer use the door that enters the house from the garage. But its a small price to pay to keep this big black monster clean and safe, right???

And now comes that part where I sit down and begin making THE LIST. You know what LIST I'm talking about. I can tell I'm gonna need another pad of paper....let's see; exhaust, chip, step bars, bed liner, gauges.......

NutNbutGMC
07-17-2002, 20:54
^...Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new addition. Lots of fine folks here with plenty of useful information. Again, welcome.

DMAXDiva
07-17-2002, 21:03
Welcome RVGuy!

Congrats on the new truck...I know exactly what you're going through right now...been there ;) . Nothin' prettier than a shiny black DMAX (Mackin will agree), unless it's a shiny black DMAX with lots of TOYS added to it... :D

Ah, let the spending begin! tongue.gif

SoCalDMAX
07-17-2002, 21:42
Congrats on the new truck!

Might I suggest Zaino Brothers polish to keep that paint looking sharp. It works wonders on dark colors and really keeps it looking clean between washings! (Make sure to wait for hte paint to cure first.)

Search thru the threads, feel free to ask questions, if there's one thing we've got around here, it's opinions! ;)

Regards, Steve

Dave
07-17-2002, 22:25
I feel a good pre turbo EGT gage is a must for towing. Especially if you tow heavy or in the Mountains or both. You can exceed 1300 EGT Stock with a load.

mackin
07-18-2002, 05:12
RVGuy,

Congrats ......... You found a good BB in addition .........Hang on for the ride....... Yes ,real good choice of colors ....... You know how they say "ALL CORVETTE'S ARE RED"....... WELL, "ALL THE "BEST" MAX'ES ARE BLACK"..........

Hope we never have to vote on something ,cause if majority rules, and them folks from TEXAS get together,form a consensus, we lost, from the GITTIE UP AND "GO"........But you guys got GUTTER MAN .......(AKA ALIMAX).......So it a little more even then it appears...... smile.gif

MAC :D

[ 07-18-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

Raptorrider2001
07-18-2002, 05:52
On the garage thing...I have to take the trailer hitch receiver off to close the door.

2DAMAX
07-18-2002, 06:04
Congrat's RVGUY:You will find it is extreemly hard to get the DMAX smile removed from your face.It can only be surgically removed. :D :D :D :D :D

GMC D-Max
07-18-2002, 06:53
Ain't it great?!?

RVGuy, you mentioned that it's black, but you didn't mention if it's a Chevy or a GMC. Everybody knows the GMC's are better! ;)

FightinTXag
07-18-2002, 07:56
Congrats! Yesterday I too traded the gas-guzzling, oil-consuming 8.1L for a Dmax. Mine was built in June '02 and had 31 miles on it. Mine even still fits in the garage with the ball on the receiver and I think the ext cab long bed combo is longer than the crew cab short bed. My girlfriend's dad has an ext cab short bed 1500 that won't fit in his garage. Guess they're making them shorter these days. Oh and Black is the only way to go.

GMC-2002-Dmax
07-18-2002, 11:41
GMC-D-Max,

I agree 100%, let's not start too big a RUCKUS over this again. :D

I would disagree with black being the best color choice ;) , I'm partial to Fire Red myself :D . But hey to each their own!!! smile.gif

Good Luck,
.....and get out that checkbook or Master Card. :eek:

GMC tongue.gif

Idle_Chatter
07-18-2002, 19:45
Well, I specifically rented this little 1-bdrm apartment in Maryland because it had a one-car garage. I didn't get to "test fit" before moving in, and it looked a little narrow for the DMax. When I moved in, I gingerly idled the beast into the door and was pleased to see that my mirrors cleared the doorway by an inch or two on each side. Then I pulled as far as I thought I could go and got out to find over a foot of truck sticking out the stinkin' door! I got back in and idled forward until I *touched* the back wall with the front bumper (still got front plate screw impressions in the sheetrock!) and the truck is about *4 INCHES* too long for this crappy little Honda Civic garage! I'd have to pull my back bumper to shut the door and still would have to sidestep and wiggle to get around the truck! Rats! now the garage is a big closet and the Max sits out in the sun and rain! :mad:

tmg115
07-18-2002, 19:54
congradulations on the new truck. hope you have fun with it.

i see you from irving. i live out in arlington, i just though i would point that out. :D

since you are from texas i think the first mod should be a ranch hand type bumper. :D which i made the mistake in not getting first, instead i take my truck out to ennis and kenadale race track way to much. i need to get a ranch hand on so i will stop racing it :D

Alli-max
07-18-2002, 22:10
Gutter man huh Mackin... :D

Whats wrong with having a replacement TMG? Just get some pipe from Lowe's, and the additional AIR AIR AIR will wash it out!!!

Enjoy your new ride buddy.... but dont go tooooo crazy at first...

Immediate mods necessary....

POWER EDGE JUICE!
Gauges (I am still procrastinating on this one myself, but will be giving Kennedy a call soon)
New Shoes (nothing like Polaris tires on a truck)
nerfs
floor mats

RVGuy
07-18-2002, 22:40
Gentlemen,

You have all made me feel quite welcome. I'm really lovin' this truck. BTW, it is a Chevy. I was not able to find a GMC with the options I wanted. I was somewhat surprised the Chevy dealers had so many diesels on their lots at this time of year.

TMG115,
Is there a gathering of any sort in North Texas of Duramax owners? I would love to meet some of the locals, especially those who have all the options and upgrades.

I do tow a 30 foot TT so I'll be giving consideration to gauges first. Looks like there are a few options.

Question: For those of you who tow, where did you locate the brake controller? I really don't see a good location that won't interfere with my legs.

I'll shut up now and listen.

[ 07-18-2002: Message edited by: RVGuy ]</p>

TXDMAX
07-19-2002, 07:51
Hey RVGuy, Glad you like your truck. My brake controller is under the steering wheel and fits right between my knees. Thats how I have seen them all done at our dealership and in my buddie's F*&d, but you are a little taller than me ;) . Call Dallas hitch or DFW Camper they might have a couple of other popular spots.

tmg115
07-19-2002, 09:42
"Is there a gathering of any sort in North Texas of Duramax owners? I would love to meet some of the locals, especially those who have all the options and upgrades."

well there was one once but there hasn't been a big one since.

i try and get people to go to the race track with me but very few people ever want to go.

Dave
07-19-2002, 21:24
My brake controller is mounted to the right of the steering colum under the dash. No interfeerance with my legs and i'm 6'2".

For color I'm partial to the ultra rare pewter.

CSDMAX
07-19-2002, 22:17
Congrats on your new Chevy truck RVGuy!!

You will be glad you picked a Chevy because with all the GMC guys hanging around here all you will hear is "NutNbutGMC" :D :D :D Hehehe.... Just spinning your wheels again Chuckwagon! ;)

It doesn't matter if it's a Chevy or a GMC....what matters is you got a DURAMAX!....and that fact that you are here at TDP amongst a lot of great people and great info.

Rgds,
Don

mackin
07-20-2002, 08:06
DURAMAX ALLISON !!!!!!!!!!!!

CHEVROLET !!!!!!!!!!!!!

BLACK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your a "JUICE" box away from the complete Package .......... YYYEEEEE HAW !!!!!!!

MAC

:D

NutNbutGMC
07-20-2002, 11:52
===&gt; NutNbutGMC &lt;=== :D :D

Black?? All Y'all should have one of the rare colors of Pewter... Now there is an uncommon looker. :D

If GMC made animal dogs, I think they would paint 95% of the Pewter. DAMMIT!.....

SledZep
07-21-2002, 17:03
Congrats!
We all know we cannot really argue which color is best....
But we all do agree that black is the fastest... Don't we?? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

GMC D-Max
07-22-2002, 10:24
ABSOLUTELY!! :D

DMAXDiva
07-22-2002, 12:12
Oh yeah!!!! :D :D :D

Silver Bullet
07-22-2002, 12:27
RVGuy - Send me an e-mail (see below) and I'll add you to my e-mail group. We have had 1 show-n-tell and might get together to show-n-tell some more before the end of the summer. The first was very informal...met at a local eating establishment, looked at everyone's trucks, sampled the JUICE, and got a bite to eat.

Congrats on the new truck!

On edit:
SledZep - So about the 2 seats in the back...is this a Subaru Brat throwback??? :D

[ 07-22-2002: Message edited by: Silver Bullet ]</p>