PDA

View Full Version : When does the "New" wear off???

sjhRVer
04-14-2002, 20:03
I picked up "Baby" yesterday. I LOVE that truck. I pooh-poohed somebody's comment about bonding with the truck and wanting to sleep in it when it first arrived. I had to fight that urge, but couldn't resist looking out the window every time I woke up (often) last night. Had my morning coffee while sitting behind the wheel this morning....and haven't quit smiling yet.

She's a people magnet, can't take her anywhere that somebody doesn't notice she's a "pretty thing" and starts asking question.

I'm going to enjoy taking her to work tomorrow and showing the boss what a "real" truck looks and sounds like.

She was worth the wait, but I'm sure glad I'm not waiting any longer. The driving is much better than the anticipation of driving. :D smile.gif :D

NutNbutGMC
04-14-2002, 20:40
^...Just don't go near the exhaust pipe or the fuel fill opening. The fumes have been known to arouse 'some' here on this site... :D :D

pontiac_m18
04-15-2002, 14:50
HI MY FRIEND & don't worry about the smile as I have 23k on mine & I'M STILL SMILING, especially when I see the others, the SMILE just gets bigger!! a $40,000 COFFEE HOLDER!! IT DON'T GET ANY BETTER THAN THIS!! Howard :eek: :D :D :D

[ 04-15-2002: Message edited by: pontiac_m18 ]</p>

DonG
04-16-2002, 00:28
sjhRVer,

Congratulations on getting your new truck. Sounds like your dealer did very well for you. Delivery date was very close to original projections. I hope you were able to utilize the $2002 cash incentive, or the 0% financing as you preferred.

Have fun with enjoying your new truck and getting it decked out and ready to tow your fifth wheel, "Dream Chaser".

May your truck be one of the many with zero problems, and the elusive "tick" pass you by, and the smile will never wear off.

Don

Rilo
04-16-2002, 04:33
I hope the "new" never wears off!! It's been a long time sence I've been excited about a vehicle and I intend to enjoy it! I only have 4K miles but every one of them have been with a LARGE smile. By the way, Congrats on the new truck.

[ 04-16-2002: Message edited by: Rilo ]</p>

theNUT
04-16-2002, 10:26
I've 30k and still tring to find that one out, I think I'll stop searching, as there is no end to "NEW" in my HD's except the smell.

theNUT

http://hometown.aol.com/sirnutimus/DURAMAX/MY-D-MAX.htm

oh yeaah, its been a year and I still haven't put on the plates...

[ 04-16-2002: Message edited by: theNUT ]</p>

thechevyhdman
04-16-2002, 19:35
The new wears off fast for me. After I brought her home I took a rock about one inch big and hurled it at my passenger side door. Now I dont have to worry about anything, parking next to someone or getting it dirty. Its like buying a new pair of sneakers. Ya try and try to keep em clean, going more than out of your way to keep them nice and clean. Eventually somethings gonna happen to make them ruined. So why not get it out of the way fast so you never ever have to worry. Its very sadistic and almost beyond evil comprehension but its my way of saying ok, the new is worn off. HAHAHA, Its been six months since I bought mine, the smile wore off once my 3rd payment came in the mail, but a quick smash with the right foot brings back that warm I love you smile and feel. Good luck with your truck it gets better and better with age.

TO-D-MAX
04-16-2002, 21:06
If this is any indication........I have not driven either one of my Corvettes since I bought my 2500HD. AND. I have been known to make excuses to go for a drive.

I am just glad to know that I am not alone. smile.gif smile.gif

stillracing
04-16-2002, 21:17
The new look wears right off when 70 MPH wind whips up a black cloud of rocks and dust and dirt and pitts the entire truck. Well my truck now looks like s**t but runs great.

theNUT
04-17-2002, 08:54
Stillracing,

Openers is coming up quick....Keep yur eye peeled for my pewrer LT CC D/A up in your neck of the woods.

theNUT

Vincent
04-17-2002, 17:34
The new wore off of mine on about the 3rd or fourth trip into the dealer for warranty work.

I love the truck and have put 10,000 miles on it in only 6 months, but I had to have a new:

1.) New neutral safety back up switch on my tranny. (wouldn't shift)

2.) New fuel sending unit in the tank (wouldnt read fuel quantity, ran out of fuel)

3.) Replaced Allison for extremely loud whining after second tow job.

4.) Switched to one piece driveshaft to solve 48 MPH vibration...still vibrates.

5. Second Allison started leaking last weekend after towing camp trailer a few hundred miles still being worked on...meanwhile Im stuck driving my 1981 CJ-7...at least its reliable! :eek:

sjhRVer
04-17-2002, 18:24
YIKES!!! I sure raised some comments all across the board here. I've been busy reading the manual, and enjoying Baby, so I haven't had much time to spend with the computer.

Pontiac, I like your comment on the $40k coffee holder...she's a great place to enjoy the morning coffee.

Don, I was able to get the 0% rebate for 36 months. I had planned to pay cash for the truck but decided it would be smarter to pay off the RV, put a big chunk down on Baby and finance the remainder for the 36 months. What a sweet deal.

Sure sorry to hear that some have had problems. I've decided I'm not going to go throw rocks at Baby and hope like heck she doesn't get caught in a storm (hail storm last night was pea sized, thank goodness). I hope the new doesn't wear off for a long, long time.

I have two short trips lined up this weekend so I can get over the 500 mile point and get that first oil change (dealer tells me that's not necessary, but I'm doing it anyway). Going to Texas next weekend to get Baby registered and tagged. By the time I get back from TX, she should have around 2k on her so I'll not have to worry about towing the Dream Chaser. That's when I'm going to give Baby a real test by taking the pair to Branson, MO and give those Ozark hills a try.

I'll visit here from time to time, especially if I have some questions, 'cause y'all are the greatest for answering questions. But....I plan to spend most of my time bonding with Baby.

I'm a VERY happy camper these days, haven't stopped smiling since Saturday (noon). Sure do love that truck.

sjhRVer &lt;--- Avoiding rocks, windstorms, and hoping the elusive "tick" NEVER appears in Baby :D

[ 04-17-2002: Message edited by: sjhRVer ]

[ 04-17-2002: Message edited by: sjhRVer ]</p>

stillracing
04-18-2002, 18:45
nut,

I'll be looking for you. Beer at Rhino's sounds good, name the time.