PDA

View Full Version : 160 Miles dead in the driveway

Mike Vonada
04-15-2002, 07:06
Well I picked her up last thursday night, took the wife for a ride on friday and came home with 160 smiling miles. Got up friday to go to breakfast with the wife and when I backed out of the driveway the check battery light came on, power steering went south and I had no brakes to speak of. So I pulled her back in the driveway and popped the hood and sure enough she had eaten her surpentine belt.
Called GM's 800 # towed to dealer ship :( with the neighbors watching :mad: No surpentine belt in stock or in southern california :mad: So they get me a rental car and because it is brand new truck and the dealership wants to make me feel good they give me a free up grade. Rental car place gives me a brand new pick-up, same color as my Duramax, but it is a Ford gasser. :mad:
Can you believe it, have the new truck for 5 days and have been driving a new ford for 3 of the five days :mad:
Sorry I got a little winded, needed to work some stuff out of my system this morning. :mad: Suppose to have her back this afternoon.

01_Duramax_Dually
04-15-2002, 07:25
Mike,
Welcome to the site...Sorry to hear of the mishap, But you know, it is not that bad, They will throw a belt on and you will be set. Better to have found a bad belt now, then when you are trailering or stuck in 405 traffic on a Friday around 5:30 after having a bad day at work... :D

Remember, the truck did not fail, the belt manufacturer is the culprit for this little set back.
Get that thing fixed and go BEAT IT UP...

Jeff

Mike Vonada
04-15-2002, 08:08
Jeff,
Thanks for the kind words and you a right it was the belt manufacturer not the truck. My fustration was having a great new truck and not being able to drive!

01_Duramax_Dually
04-16-2002, 08:39
Mike,
Did they get that Belt on for you?

Are you back in Action?

I sure hope you got that silly grin back on your face like I have had since I bought mine....I know, at some point, my face is going to stick like this...My parents always told me that it could happen when you make faces... :D

You need anything, let me know...

So what are your plans with the truck. Trailering, camper, boating...or just out to wreak havoc?

Regards

Jeff

Mike Vonada
04-17-2002, 07:13
Well I am back in action smile.gif the harmonic balancer was out of alignment :eek: (like to no how that happens).

Anyway I sure am enjoying it, stock it has more power then my dodge cummins did with injectors and boost module!

Mike Vonada
04-17-2002, 07:16
Jeff,
Forgot to ask what part of California you are from?
Mike

01_Duramax_Dually
04-17-2002, 07:33
Mike,
I am up here in San Jose. The "Heart of the failing Tech Sector".....

I lived in Costa Mesa and Anaheim for about 5 years or so while I was going to School. Know the area well...

Out of alignment balancer eh??? Have to think about that one for a while.... :D

Did they say "How?" Was it a condition of a wobble like a bent wheel on a bike or did the rubber separate and it was a out of round?...Guess it does not matter, it is fixed and you are rollin again.

Yeah these trucks are pretty amazing. Kind of scary what they COULD make with all the power enhancers. Some have done it..I, to this point, have found no need.

If you have any service questions let me know. Be glad to help. These trucks are very Service friendly and you can do all the work very fast.

The first oil filter change is the toughest. They must have IMPACT GUN installed that first one on, it takes a jack hammer to get it off...HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Regards

Jeff

Mike Vonada
04-17-2002, 07:43
Jeff,
Thanks for the offer on the service tips. I plan on changing all my fluids at 1,000 miles so you might be hearing from me.
Mike

bora
04-17-2002, 12:58
Hey

I am in San Jose too, black Crew Cab Duramax 2500HD.

Bora

Vaughn MacKenzie
04-17-2002, 13:25
Hey Mike I was wondering where ya disappeared to (haven't see ya on TDR for ages). I'm gonna post on TDR that you got a DMax. OK I'm kidding ;)

Glad to hear you are back in business and you are enjoying your truck smile.gif

[ 04-17-2002: Message edited by: Vaughn MacKenzie ]</p>

01_Duramax_Dually
04-17-2002, 13:37
Bora,

Right on. I am always looking at trucks as I am driving around. I live up by the Silver Creek area. What part you hail from?

Down by the school where my daughters attend, there is a strip of about 20 houses, and there are 3 Duramax 2500HD's. I see them parked out front. 2 of the goldish color(not sure what GM calls it) and 1 with that deep blue. All are CC 2 with long beds. Was going to take a picture and post on my site, but always forget my Camera.

Today was funny, was at Orlandi trailers getting a hub and this guy came up and wanted to look at my truck, had a zillion questions. Said he was through with F**d. Said he has had 3, all 3 blew trannies around 70K miles. The Allison really appealed to him... I told him, well Ford is building a new deal and he said Yeah, but he had heard the trans would be the same..So he said "Maybe I will get less out of the tranny now since the F**D was going to be making more power"

Said he had never been a Chevy guy but said his hat is off to the GM team, he says you guys got a winner...I AGREE.. :D

Maybe we should hook up one day and eat Pizza and talk truck stuff....

Regards

Jeff

bora
04-17-2002, 20:48
Hi again
I'm in Almaden.

Maybe we should do a local Duramax gathering sometime.

Orlandi is a good place for trailers, I have had my eye on one of the TPDs for my race car, but talk about too much money.

01_Duramax_Dually
04-17-2002, 21:55
Bora,
Shoot me a mail sometime.

Jeff

boost_it@pacbell.net