PDA

View Full Version : FPPF container ?

Greg Watkins
04-15-2002, 09:25
Started using FPPF fuel power. Problem is one 8 oz bottle treats 240 gallons. My tankis only 26 gallons :( I figured that 1 oz per 30 gallons is what I need. So, I have found a plastic bottle that has a 10 ml squirt cup on top of it. (it is actually an old ACT floruide treatment bottle ) 30ml = 1 oz so I figure 3 squirt cap fulls per fill up should be about right. My question is any idea how the FPPF will react with the plastic? It comes in a plastic bottle, so I "assume" it will be ok. But, I know there are different type plastics, etc.. Anyone else using something different (IE, convenient)

Thanks,

greg

2K2 D/A 2500 CC 4x4

Nels
04-15-2002, 11:22
I use the FPPF also. Either you have a typo or misread the ratios. The bottle is 32 oz., and treats up to 250 gallons, depending on ratio. I made up a cheat sheet on the additive ratios at
http://members.lsol.net/gop4evr/unlinked/additive.xls
(It's a MS Excel spread)

I based the mileage on the cumulative average of 16.8 MPG for my truck (see mileage spread below). If you use it, you could change the mileage constant for your own experience. I printed out this cheat sheet and plastic laminated it so I can keep it in the glovebox. I have a 4 oz. bottle that I cleaned out to use for this purpose. I fill up between 300 and 400 miles and add one 4 oz. bottle (before filling). Thus, I really don't need the sheet at all. I only have to look at the trip odometer to determine when I add fuel and the next dose.

BTW: I also use the ACT flouride rinse, and I have looked longingly at the measuring feature on the bottle. Problem is, it would take 4-6 measures per tankful, and the bottle would be difficult to fill without destroying it. Sta-Bil and a few other products also make mesuring type bottles that could work . . . .

Just my own opinion. As always, yours may vary ;)

gvt
04-15-2002, 11:29
I use a Sta-bil bottle. It takes 3-5 pours per tank fill. Works fine, except when it is really cold the bottle gets a little stiff. I did try a different bottle first, but the FPPF softened the plastic. If you try a different bottle, start with a small amount.

MNBowTie
04-15-2002, 11:29
Greg,

I was just thinking about purchasing FPPF, but haven't because it's not convenient to use. However, I was thinking about using one of those suction containers. Like the one RainX uses for there windsheild washer cleaner. This is sometimes packaged together with the protectant. You would just have to squezze in the correct amount and then pour it in the tank. I know, also I have seen these squeze bottles made by Gunk, for their fuel stabilizer. One, would think that their plastic would be tough enough.

John Kennedy,

I would jump on the bandwagon and buy a case from you, if you can get the manufacturer to include a convenient way to use an ounce, two at a time. Maybe you can put some heat on them.

Greg Watkins
04-15-2002, 13:42
Nels,

Thanks. Here is the product I am using. It comes in an 8 oz bottle and says it treats 240 gallons. It was a little over $3 a bottle. I got it from a place here locally called Diesel Parts Center. I called the North Carolina FPPF rep and he said this is what I should use and directed me to the place to buy it. I bought a six-pack of it so I HOPE it is the right stuff smile.gif

http://www.fppf.com/fppf2_3.htm

greg

BTW, I was able to get the pump thing out of the ACT bottle with a pair of needle nose pliers. Didn't appear to do much damage. I think I'll look into the other options listed here also.

Kennedy
04-15-2002, 14:04
FPPF Fuel Power is a key ingredient in Total Power. They both treat at different ratios, but the Fuel Power has a lot less features. Total Power does it all, and is my personal favorite.

The bottle used must be suitable or it will melt.

As mentioned earlier, Sta-Bil makes a very nice 32oz (also smaller) dispenser bottle. I pour the Sta-Bil into another container and dispense with a measuring cup. I then mix my special blend of Total Power and 8+ cetane in the Sta-Bil bottle and dispense as needed.

Nels
04-16-2002, 00:55
I have the Total Power -- Different ratios (and bottle?)

I stand corrected . . . . .

MNBowTie
04-16-2002, 11:28
MR. Kennedy,

How much Cetane increase do get from Total Power by its self? I noticed you added some 8+ as well.

Greg Watkins
04-17-2002, 05:45
Thanks for the heads up on the Sta-bil bottles. This will work almost perfectly. It is 8 oz (convenient) and takes two squeezes per fill up. Very Nice smile.gif

greg