PDA

View Full Version : Complete Guage Kit

thechevyhdman
07-18-2002, 14:59
Does anyone know of or anyone offer a complete guage set. Im talking new A pillar, guages themselves, any relays needed etc etc. I mean just a 100% complete kit. Id also like to know how much it should cost, and what companys or people sell it.Thanks for your replies

FightinTXag
07-18-2002, 16:00
Tinbender put a post up in the accessories section about digital guages in the overhead console. They sure look slick, much better than the bulky A-pillar jobs in my opinion. Maybe we can convince him or one of the vendors that contribute regularly to put together a kit with one of those plastic cover things pre-cut. I'm sure I would destroy mine trying to cut it up.

txguppy
07-18-2002, 20:39
Check out Hoot's post "Check this out" Pretty neat gauges.

txguppy

Tinbender
07-18-2002, 21:43
Let me check with a dealer to see if the panels are available and at what cost. Might try to assemble some kits.

Bob

CSDMAX
07-18-2002, 21:49
Hey Bob,

Now if we can just get DD to keep their gauges in stock to package up a kit we will be in good shape. ;) Send me half of the cover plates and you keep the other half and we can modify them and sell them. :D :D

DON

pepperidge
07-19-2002, 10:38
Tinbender,

Put me down as first on your list to purchase this kit.

Great Install!!

pepperidge@bigfoot.com

[ 07-19-2002: Message edited by: pepperidge ]</p>

mdrag
07-19-2002, 10:53
You can get the overhead console panels, and IIRC they are $5 or $6 per. I ordered one from GMpartsdirect when I bought the parts for the dual alt install - just in case for when/if I did something in that space...

I will post the part# later today when I have access to my laptop. :D

Jerry Schmidt
07-19-2002, 16:10
thechevyhdman,

We have 2 gauge sets for the Chevy Duramax trucks. These are complete with an a-pillar pod and your choice of pyro, boost or trans temp. Drop me an e-mail and I will shoot you a price. ***.

Dave_WB3FYV
07-19-2002, 16:23
Tinbender,

You gauges have EXACTLY the type of display I was looking for! I keep looking at that blank space above the Passenger Air Bag key switch and want to find a small digital display that would fit in there and match the display on the radio / gear selector / odometer. Are yours the Blue or Teal? I don't really know what color the truck display is, wondered how yours matched up. As far as I'm concerned, the Boost pressure isn't as important to monitor as the EGT, (wastegate should take care of it) so one gauge will suit me fine. Thanks for thinking ahead!
Reason I want to put the gauge in the dash is I have OTHER plans for that overhead console space!

FightinTXag
07-19-2002, 16:43
Does adding gauges affect any of the warranties? Seems like drilling and tapping an exhaust manifold could void the durmax warranty.

[ 07-19-2002: Message edited by: FightinTXag ]</p>

thechevyhdman
07-19-2002, 17:50
to be honest with ya, An a pillar set of guages really wont work for me. Why, because I already have a limited sight of view with the ventshades. No thats not too bad but I snow plow and looking out my windshield to the left is very important, I need to see whats over there before,In case I buy it, what it is. So besides my favorite cubby hole up top with the cheap LS edition, I dont wanna tie that up, I was thinking of having something hanging down from that cubby,See I have a condition of what many call Anal retentive, And even though my trucks a mess I care about the little things... seriously though(im just kidding) what other spots do I have to mount. I was thinking top of the dash, no good dont want any screw holes. A pillar cant limit my view anymore, Maybe bolt to the outside of the top cubby, maybe. By the Aux lamp light cool, but Id be taking my eyes off the road to look down at it. I just wanna be sure of a spot before I take the time to pay someone to do it for me or to waste my time doing it myself. I have to go but anyone that has guages please show me a link to view where you have them, Id like to know before I put them in a spot they cant be.

mdrag
07-19-2002, 18:36
Here is the part# for the overhead console blank panel: 15737207

Dave_WB3FYV,

Check out the first link in my sig and choose the SPA DG-111 album. About 1 year ago, I installed the SPA EGT/boost gauge in the area you mentioned and the pics will give you an idea of how it looks.

[ 07-19-2002: Message edited by: mdrag ]</p>

Tinbender
07-22-2002, 13:28
Anyone interested in haveing the panel cut and the wiring harness made up for the Dakota Digital rectangular gauges mounted in the overhead console e-mail me and we can work out the details.

I think the best way is for you to purchase the gauges from Dakota Digital and send them to me with your panel. I'll do the work ank ship them back.

Panel at my local stealer with tax is $13.60, GM Partsdirect is $5.42 plus shipping,total $13.37.

e-mail; jenisrc@att.net