PDA

View Full Version : LLY EGR system

DMAX4LIFE
12-08-2003, 20:28
Quote from a GM website :

" 310 hp @ 3100 rpm, 590 lb-ft @ 1600 rpm.

A more powerful, 32-bit, next-generation engine control module provides faster microprocessor speeds, increased throughout and more memory than the previous generation controller.

The EGR system in conjunction with catalytic converter usage reduces NOx emissions in ALL 50 states to approximately 2 grams per brake horsepower hour from a previous 4 grams in 49 states and 3.5 grams in California.

Charge-air cooling is used to provide cool dense air to the cylinders to help generate the new engine's increased power, torque and improved emission.

The closed crankcase ventilation system, although not required to meet 2004 emissions regulations, anticipates upcoming 2006-model emissions requirements by incorporating a closed crankcase ventilation system in which harmful vapors are vented internally and burned as part of the combustion process, rather than being vented to the outside atmosphere."

Don't know if this has been posted or not but thought I'd share my info. Theres more but i think it's all already been listed before.

Gbenzx01
12-11-2003, 18:14
Thanx Dmax4Life,

Good to see a little fresh light once in a while.
The tree folks however will not be delighted at all.
How do they ever see a tree anyway when they are usually looking down at the ground?
They have determined that everyone who uses anything shall be reduced to nothing if not less!
:(

Gben

JRM
12-17-2003, 00:22
""The closed crankcase ventilation system, although not required to meet 2004 emissions regulations, anticipates upcoming 2006-model emissions requirements by incorporating a closed crankcase ventilation system in which harmful vapors are vented internally and burned as part of the combustion process, rather than being vented to the outside atmosphere.""
May sound good now, but not after 200,000 miles as my 1985 VW Golf has the PCV routed into the air cleaner and it causes RUNAWAY as it burns its own oil at high revs!