PDA

View Full Version : MPG problem

thechevyhdman
10-28-2002, 14:58
Ive been noticing my truck has been taking a wicked downturn in gas mileage. Like dropping by 3 mpg or better. It also seems like its been a dog lately, and pedal effort does not seem to get the truck going. Like I can mash the accelartor and rpms do not wanna climb when towing, it doesnt stumble or hiccup. Just doesnt seem to be getting the power it should. I just changed the fuel filter(looked Ok) Oil was done a few thousand ago, tranny filter was done 2 weeks ago. No smoke. No SES lights, Nothing. I have been plauged with problems with my Juice box in wet weather however. Rain kills it bad. stalls, ghost pedal, pilot inj. shuts off. really screws up bad. With the weather being pretty damp here in the Northeast do you think it could be juice or truck problem. And what could be the culprit? No smoke, no SES, nothing to show what my problem may be. My truck also,( I hope I dont get flamed like Wilky did for this one) but honestly it really seems to be an animal when im low on fuel.. So im thinking maybe my fuel pump is going, which would explain alot but would it start crappin out with no SES? And for you diesel geniuses what should my stealership look for as a culprit. I fueled up last friday at a no name gas station with 40 cetane fuel. thought it was supposed to be 45 but whatever. Whalla im getting great fuel mileage and no power problems. I know I am not imagining things but have no proof of any problems. Air filter is fine. Foil is long gone, no brakes hanging up, nothing. Any ideas.
Thanks in advance Bill

mackin
10-28-2002, 17:25
Hey Bill.......

Perhaps it's winter blend diesel affecting fuel econo.......Performance too.....Extra kero.....

Ref our phone conversation on the later.....Received a call today on answering machine (speak of the devil ;) ) To late to call back tonite when I got home.....But I'll be calling him,her,them tomorrow..... ;)
Whats ta matter you speakith in forth tongue...... :D
I'll give ya a call....LATER dude......

Hooters or Magies Mcfly.....Want some scamsoil cetane boost?????Comes in a plastic bottle now,don't need a screw driver to open.....LMFAO......

MAC

[ 10-28-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>