PDA

View Full Version : Juice level infinity........

mackin
07-19-2002, 08:58
Finally got the newest version of DA Juice, 3.6 whatever.......

First impression, no likey...... I reserve the right to edit the following statements as I'm still trying the one I was sent....

****I firmly believe as usual you tree hugging Calif. guys with your smog restrictions are ruining a good thing ....... ;)

I asked Aaron to send me a 3.5 , he must have forgot.....

So I take the old out put the new in..... Jump in set power levels "MAX" for "D" and Tow Haul "MAX" "D".....

So since I have the confirmation, fire it up, do the cycle thingamabob and, It's loping like a maniac, wouldn't stop till I shut it off...... Scratch head murmur WTF a couple times, did it again, same DAM thing .......

So as long as I don't check level, it will run fine so I'm going for a ride...... Everything has changed, takes more peddle travel to get the tires squealing, shift points are off the wall, out in left field,etc....... First thing, fast learn mode, twice, drive like John Force, it did get better......

Stop at a turn around cause it really doesn't feel like it has the sack it once had....... So I reset the levels, and do confirmation, I'm gambling here ...... It does the confirmation correctly ...... Good.... You really have to listen for the first VAROOM,or you'll think your in level three....

So I continue, did a few launches, and I honestly think they have taken something away, to compromise the smog issue, see my **** statement......But I will continue on letting the getting aquatinted process proceed...... But I loth for my 3.2, right now, and it may be going back on by Sunday....... It may be thanks but no thanks on the 3.californiawecan'thavenosmoketokeeptheliberaltree
huggershappyconfirmationupgradededgeperformanceJUI CEbox.....

MAC

:eek:

Oh the reason why I think my truck was rocking like it was on the high seas........ I should have after removing the older black box either before setting the new box, started, or took it for a ride...... Being that I had it set with the old, then reset with the new, it was a possible conflict ..... Make any sense......?

[ 07-19-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

Mic
07-19-2002, 09:20
****I firmly believe as usual you tree hugging Calif. guys with your smog restrictions are ruining a good thing .......

----I agree!!!

I asked Aaron to send me a 3.5 ....

---From the one that stuck it out to keep the OEM ECM updates that came with his truck...is now updating computers!
:eek: ;)

mackin
07-19-2002, 09:32
Mic ,

Your right still a hold out,on OEM.........

Juice.......
Went from a 60 beta.....
To a 3.0......
To a 3.2.....
To a 3.6.....

I should of ,could of, stopped at the 3.0 ...........It was prrrrrr-fect...... But the 3.2 will surfice if I cant get the 3.CAL.. to be aquatinted to my liking........

MAC smile.gif

Kennedy
07-19-2002, 10:23
AND if you re-read my comments on THIS update, you will see my opinion was if you have no problems, I would only update to get the level confirmation. Now with the factory updates, I say go for it!

Now Mackin if you have both boxes there, goto the strip or borrow a G tech and see if you can document a difference...

mackin
07-19-2002, 11:15
JK,

I would have liked to of gotten a 3.5 , that was my goal to get confirmation only...... If I'm not happy with the current one I'll try and persuade Aaron to send me a down grade...... ;) Or I stick with the 3.2......

No G'tech avaialable,track is to far,would be an all day event, as I got tree huggers visiting,and many outings to attend with them.....You should now as you've had, like me, the different upgrades....... Something has to be compromised to lower emissions....... I would think ...... As of right now it just feels different, perhaps it is just the throttle sensitivity issue that was addressed...... I'll be heading out soon to do some more short tromping around, as last night was just a mear sampiling,first impression.....

MAC :rolleyes:

[ 07-19-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

Mic
07-19-2002, 11:22
"Something has to be compromised to lower emissions....... I would think ...... "

My thoughts EXACTLY.

I am unsure of upgrading just for confirmation.
Will I loose something (power)?
I mean really, how many times to I change levels that it's a must to have confirmation.....Unless I get level 'infinity' :eek: :eek:

big dipper
07-19-2002, 11:55
....... It may be thanks but no thanks on the 3.californiawecan'thavenosmoketokeeptheliberaltree
huggershappyconfirmationupgradededgeperformanceJUI CEbox.....

You are too much!!

tpitt
07-19-2002, 12:47
Macklin:
The part of California I'm from the trees are to big to Hug, and the women are even bigger. :D :D :D tpitt

motovet
07-19-2002, 13:22
I have been holding out on an upgrade to get the latest version. The only issue I have is fishbite. Sometimes it gets pretty bad and other times it never seems to bother me. Does anyone know what version was supposed to address this? I do not want to give up ANY power to rid myself of the anoying F.B. I currently am running the 3.0 I believe, though there is nothing on the box that states that. I picked this box up during the rendezvous at B D Power ( some of the first 90 HP variety).

DMAX Daddy
07-19-2002, 13:46
I seriously wish that the rest of the counrty would figure out California is a social experiment gone totally wrong.

Im in the military and my wifes family is from here so Im stuck here. This state is a serious no fun zone cause everything is so over regulated.

Mackin I apologize my state screwed up something else.

Now I must return to my prayer vigil that someway, somehow, my 2003 wont have a catalytic converter on it. :(

[ 07-19-2002: Message edited by: DMAX Daddy ]</p>

GMC-2002-Dmax
07-19-2002, 15:49
Mackin,

Just got my 3.61C today from the UPS guy, wouldn't ya know we got the RAIN :(

Anyway I got her programmed at L-4 normal
......and L-2 in T/H mode.

My truck does not idle any diff. and this is my first so I hav nothing to compare it to!!!

I'll update you guys on my first impression.

I think DmaxDiva has 3.61C, what's your opinion on it DIVA????

GMC ;)

SoCalDMAX
07-19-2002, 16:56
"3.californiawecan'thavenosmoketokeeptheliberaltree huggershappyconfirmationupgradededgeperformanceJUI CEbox....."

"Oh Mackin, you are so, so... politically incorrect I could just scream at you!!" (In a high piched, sibilant, swishy, limp wristed, NutNButGMC-wants-to-wear-a-french-maid-outfit voice.)

"But you're right on the money, again!" (In a more realistic smokey, diesel swilling voice.)

I take no responsibility for what the politicians do or who they listen to (don't get me started!) I wish all these wacko serial abductor/murderers would quit picking on kids and switch to politicians, then they'd be doing something good for a change!

Regards, Steve :D

56Nomad
07-19-2002, 19:19
OK,

We've got a Texas truck and I quess I'll wait a little
longer before I plunk down +-$700. It seems that
the Juice needs to have a few more bugs worked
out. Thanks to all you guys who invested the bucks
are doing all the experimenting!

Silver Bullet
07-19-2002, 21:38
DMAX Daddy - Our thoughts and prayers are with you brotha! :D

GMC-2002-Dmax
07-20-2002, 06:44
WELL...........,

I HAVE TO SAY THAT WHEN THE RAIN LEFT LAST NIGHT I DECIDED TO GET UP EARLY THIS MORNIN' AND I TOOK HER OUT FOR A RIDE.

I LET HER WARM UP WHILE DRIVING HER EASY. WHEN THE TEMP HIT 180 I STOPPED HER IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD....LEFT FOOT ON THE BRAKE RIGHT FOOT ON THE GO PEDAL.....TIRES ARE A SPINNIN' THRU 1ST,... SHORT DROP IN POWER....THEN....TIRES ARE A SPINNIN' IN 2ND, ANOTHER ANNOYING DROP IN POWER....TIRES ARE CHIRPIN' INTO 3RD. THEN I'M LOOKNING DOWN AT THE SPEEDO.....4TH GEAR HITS INTO OD GOING 80 MPH ALREADY!!!!!!!

WHEW THAT WAS FUN. GOTTA DO THAT AGAIN :D

ANYWAY, OTHER THAN THAT ANNOYING DROP OFF IN POWER BETWEEN SHIFTS,....WOW!!!!.....WAY TO GO EDGE!!!!!! smile.gif

IS THIS WHAT OTHERS WITH THE JUICE ARE SEEING AS WELL???? NEED TO KNOW, HAVE NOT DONE TRANNY FAST RELEARN YET, LATER WHEN ME AND THE WIFE TAKE HER OUT FOR A DRIVE!!!!!

PLEASE LET ME WHAT YOU GUYS AND GALS TRUCKS THAT ARE JUICED RUN LIKE!!!!!

THANKS,

GMC

mackin
07-20-2002, 08:36
GMC-2002-Dmax,

Sounds good....... Well hook up after I get the BANKS on.........

Last night had the pleasure of meeting up for some juice for me, in the form of, well the mixer was tonic.... Plus to join yet another inductee into the I'm JUICED category ....... CHEVYHDMAN...... Great guy I may add......Tried to sell him an OILY COUCH CUSHION, he wasn't interested... tongue.gif ... He has the 3.0 , and I'll tell you it RIPS...... Spool it up and it will definitely rip through 3..... Got more PICS for the STRIP CLUB if I go get them later......Think the cops will care If I stop the traffic on route 63 north???????

Now my disposition ,still not happy,yet...Raining here too last night, it was pretty lose, before I juiced, lets get that clear..... But I went out earlier in NORMAL MAX setting and it was eh fair.....
Since MP recommened,which makes sence,cruise in stop and go traffic and around the city in Tow Haul minimize heat as Torque converter is locked ....... It was hot out...... So I did, and it was a dog....... What TA? So I checked level..... :rolleyes: In T/H,sure enough it was in infinity level ,jumping around like a fish out of water...... Got that straightened out, made a definite improvement, as did when I straightened out the Normal Mode (as If)....... Last night I clearly believe Bills truck would walk over mine, not a good thing......Today I'm doing some cruising and check it out some more as last night I was slightly impaired to make a real judgment..... Sunday I will definitely swap boxes..... Just to see what my seat of the pants thought is...... Monday hoping to start on the BANKS, well use my negotiation skills......To begin with,hopefuly in my favor.....

MAC :rolleyes:

[ 07-20-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

Biodiesel6.6
07-20-2002, 18:21
Mackin, GMC-2002

I got Juiced yesterday with 3.61C. I had a hard time setting power levels. Aaron got me set up with 90/60 and this truck FLIES and running Biodiesel it run even quieter. The power is AWSOME. I tried to change power levels again, can't do, called Aaron back and he had me check all 4 connectors. Found 2 pins in the factory large harness were pushed back, fixed and change power levels twice. I'm set at 75 N and 60 in T/H. Had dinner came back out to reset back to the awsome 90HP mode. No can do.
Tried calling Aaron 5:10 closed. Have to waite till Monday.

The unit is easy to program if it would work. The ECM and Juice are not accepting the power level change.

Anyone else ever see this. I tried changing the level this Am and no luck.

Turn key on, Gear to power level, D,3,2,or 1, go pedel 3x to floor, change gear level to next setting, switch T/H on, Go pedel 3x to floor, gear to park and start engine, turn T/H off and on. This cycles in the new change. Then confirmation of power level. Will not change. This is how Aaron had me set up for the Juice! Also tried the instruction from Juice and one from BD engine brake. Different from what Aaron had me do.

Any thoughts?

GMC-2002-Dmax
07-20-2002, 19:24
Biodiesel6.6.,

I set the parking brake first.....then....put key in ignition..... KEY ON & ENG OFF.....set trans. for Normal.....select gear D-3-2 or 1, press go-pedal to floor 3 times.....press tow/haul.....select gear.....press go-pedal to floor 3 times.....put in park......TURN OFF KEY FOR AT LEAST 3-5 SECONDS!!!!( THIS IS HOW I DID IT ).....start truck.....let idle for 10 secs or so.....select NORMAL OR T/H MODE.....SELECT IN THIS ORDER ON TRANS SHIFTER.....P-R-N-R-P THEN COUNT THE QUICK REVS OF THE DURAMAX.....CHECK BOTH AND YOU SHOULD GET THE CONFIRM.....I SET MINE A FEW TIMES JUST TO SEE THE DIFFERENCE IN POWER.....NO PROBLEM SO FAR.....

GOOD LUCK AND ENJOY.

HEY HOW'S IT SHIFT????BIG DELAY IN BETWEEN GEARS OT SMALL???? LET ME KNOW AS I HAVE NOT FAST RELEARNED THE ALLISON YET.

OH. WAIT A MINUTE!!!!DO NOT CHANGE THE GEAR SELECTOR BEFORE YOU SWITCH FROM NORMAL TO TOW/HAUL!!!.....SWITCH THE TRANNY SETTING FIRST THEN SWITCH THE SELECTOR FOR D-3-2-1.....I THINK IF YOUR POST IS THE WAY YOU DID IT THAT'S GOT TO BE IT....LET ME KNOW ;)

GMC :D

[ 07-20-2002: Message edited by: GMC-2002-Dmax ]</p>

hoot
07-20-2002, 19:53
I wouldn't doubt if the problems aren't related to the pedal. I have a hard time getting my "Change Oil" to reset. I bet I'd have problems setting the juice too.

JEBar
07-21-2002, 05:01
Have found with using the fuel pedal to reset both my oil change and Juice 3.5 settings that I have to make sure my floor mat is not keeping the pedal from going all the way down .... both of the above reset easily when the pedal is allowed to bottom out; however, caused considerable frustration before I figured it out .... just a thought, hope it helps...Jim :cool:

BOOMERHD
07-21-2002, 06:02
Hey Mackin,

I just received the new version as well. I thought that it had a bit more punch than the older one I was running. I set it the way I always did, and did not even think to check whether it was in the right mode. Always in the max!!! I know by feel if it's running "balls to the walls".

If your short....you won't be able to program it right. Aaron and his crew are all over 6'4" and they can push the peddle to the floor with no ploblem.

Good to be back!!!

Mackin, are we on for Conn. in September?

SEE YA IN THE REARVIEW

Boomerhd

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Biodiesel6.6
07-21-2002, 06:47
GMC-2002

Still no luck!!! I don't think it is a problem with the go pedal. The change engine oil light flashes. So I know this is working. I was using the same set up as you were, but not turning key off after T/H set up. I even pulled the catch all mats out just in case.

When I can change power levels I'll let you know how the shifts are. It seams to defuel then shift.I want to set the shifting up in level 4.

I've tried so many combo's to see if I can get this to work. I feel like a thief trying to steal the juice I can't get.

DMAXDiva
07-21-2002, 12:36
GMC 2002 DMAX:

Yep, I have 3.61c after upgrade (originally 3.5). I sent mine in for reprogramming due to hesitation problems (felt like a miss in a gas engine) during accel/decel as well as during steady speed. I was also having problems with level changes. Since the upgrade, I have had no more level change problems. The hesitation issue has been addressed as well, and I can feel absolutely no difference between versions as far as power goes...3.61 feels every bit as strong as 3.5 to me. Wish I could have tried one of the early prototypes; sounds like they were unreal! Oh, and by the way, the Juice is downright dangerous on wet pavement...went sideways last week on level 4 at 1/2 throttle :eek: !

I just can't bring myself to do the "fast learn" on the Allison...maybe I should have someone else do it for me, while I'm off safely hidden somewhere, unable to witness the carnage...oh, the humanity! ;)

GMC-2002-Dmax
07-21-2002, 15:06
Hey Diva,

Allison was hesitating a little between shifts and I did the the 55 mph downshift into LOW!!! :eek: I did it 3 times without any problem what so ever. :D I was told you have to do it at least 3 times in a row for it to work.

GO AHEAD AND DO IT!!!!!! REALLY IS NO PROBLEM AT ALL. THE ALLISON WAS HAVING TROUBLE COPING WITH THE POWER, NOW SHE FEELS SO STRONG AND SHIFTS SO GOOD.

HEY MACKIN, GO AND UPDATE THAT TRUCK ECM AND THAT "JUICE" BOX TO 3.61C. tongue.gif

LATER,

GMC :D :eek:

[ 07-21-2002: Message edited by: GMC-2002-Dmax ]</p>

schnier
07-22-2002, 04:28
I have tried two boxes and every time it would be level infinity also. The engine would rev 30 or more times and not confirm with 3.61, I even had tech assistance from the mfg, and had to give up. Well I will try another mfg of after market product for the third high performance product and see if it works perfectly. If you buy one for a D***e it has a manual level arrow to set the box. Why did they get so fancy on the Chevy one with all these buttons to push and pull and twist just to confirm and set.

GMC-2002-Dmax
07-22-2002, 07:00
schnier,

I have heard that these trucks are very individual, some more so that others. I have also heard some boxes have not worked in some trucks and worked fine in others. I would not give up, try a new box or get all the ECM updates.

I would guess that someone may have had a similar experience, in fact I thought JK posted he had one that would not run on his but was fine in a customers??? Maybe I'm wrong.

KEEP TRYING THE JUICE IS WELL WORTH IT.

schnier
07-22-2002, 07:25
Well here is the run down on how it went. I started with box one and it had level infinity. I called the tech and we did it on the phone while I was in the truck and still no go. It ran the same in normal mode and tow/haul would knock your socks off. I did not know the level so I could not tow with out possible damage to the truck. I was sent a second box to try it again, same thing. I was told my acc pedal may not be reading 100% when on the floor. I moved the mat and tried it again at least 10 times all different patterns per the other instructions on this site. No luck. I was sent a third box all ready programmed from the factory and it confirmed but I must have bent a pin or something due to the fact I drove up the street and had a timing spike (I could hear it loud) and the Service Engine Light came on. I pulled it out and fixed it, but some how lost the confirmation again. That was the last straw. I believe they are all good products but I should not have to do four jumping jacks, jump on the bumper and kick the tire four times to get a confirmation. Put a switch in it. I have one other product on order with a switch to help my poor old engineer mind, to get it to work. Good luck and maybe they will listen to the customers. By the way, the do kick butt when working. and yes, watch it in the rain.

GMC-2002-Dmax
07-22-2002, 08:13
schnier,

I would go back to the dealer and ask them to check your Acc. Pedal on the Tech 2 scanner. Tell them that you are confident that the pedal is not giving you full throttle.

It was posted that they have 3 potentiometers in them, 2 for one direction and on for the other as far as pedal travel. It was stated that that will give a redundant signal to the ECM.

I know when I set mine I don't MASH the pedal. I use a smooth firm push right to the floor and I hold it for a half second or so then let it up and then a slight, very slight pause and repeat it 2 more times.

I look at the SES light and I always see it turn from RED battery display to the Yellow Check Engine/Oil whatever it says display.

I know that the Edge instructions state being extremely careful when connectiong the two harnesses for bent pins, etc.

I know that this version 3.61C addressed many complaints and problems. I hope you get it worked out. IT REALLY IS AN AWESOME THING AS FAR AS PERFORMANCE FOR THESE TRUCKS!!!.

KEEP ME UPDATED.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU.

Kennedy
07-22-2002, 08:29
I have run them all on the way to V3.61c, and since the full bore 90HP was released, My 1/4 mile times (Gtech) have remained largely the same. There CAN be a sensation of less power at times, but from what I understand, there was a little "smartening up" done which involved referencing boost psi, AND some smoothing at the shift points to protect the Allison.

On another note regarding level selection: I have had my box get stubborn with me, especially when trying to program to "R" or as I call it, level 1/2. It kept on confirming level 4 after repeated attempts in line at the car wash. The interesting thing, is that the next drive, it felt soft, so I pulled over to check and it confirmed "0" indicating that it had indeed taken the program. After talking with Brett at Edge, it was confirmed that there can be a delay in acceptance that may be hastened by cycling the tow/haul button or sometimes just driving the vehicle.

GMC D-Max
07-22-2002, 09:24
Soooo....Let me get this straight: I just picked up a new, never installed Juice off of eBay (cheap). It's version 3.0. So other than not having level confirmation, I shouldn't worry about having it upgraded? Mackin??

mackin
07-22-2002, 09:26
Testing done, complete, stick a fork in it, blah,blah,blah.........I'm sick of screwing with it.........

As I said drove around as much as I could getting away from family commitment Sat....... I found by Sunday with the 3.caliy,it really had the zippity back in the go and I almost didn't want to do the switch back to the 3.2....... Well, I did anyway, what a mistake ........ Right back to square one with shift points, relearn,blah,blah,blah...... So by the time I got it driving smooth who TA hell can tell the difference without a track or a G-TECH ...... So off with it and I put the 3.treehugger back on ....... Went through the BS one more time ....... Transition went a little smoother with the setting and confirmation....... So in a day or so of driving I will be back to a happy juicer,I truely believe......The certainly made some programming changes between the earlier version to the latest ones......Smoke is pretty close to gone. With the 3.2 it would trail good, Friday when Bill spooled up a burner, it would chug nice with the 3.0....... With the 3.6 it's pretty much just a quick blast of smoke......That's it for me unless Edge puts more into the program like addressing the speed limiter or more JUICE for the buck.......

MAC ......

[ 07-22-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

mackin
07-22-2002, 09:32
GMC D-Max ,

If level concern isn't an issue with you ,and it runs like a raped ape like THECHEVYHDMAN (Bill)does ,no other quirky problems ,fishbite or what else you've seen here,My been there done that ,finally got the stickers,NAH........It's up to the individual........

MAC ;)

Capt. Tom
07-22-2002, 20:56
I had the upgrade to 3.61C and I would highly recommend having it done. I had the 3.0 ver. and this is smooth and just as strong. No Fishbite, and the conformation is neat, also useful if you change the settings a lot.

Call me Juiced and lovin' it. :cool: