PDA

View Full Version : Synergin Cetane +

7mmSTW
04-15-2002, 17:14
Has anyone here tried Synergin Cetane+? We have ran one tank through ours and it makes a world of difference power wise. We had been running Stanadyne Performance formula with no apparent change. It always worked great but this stuff rocks. I have gotten two of my friends running it now, one in a stock '94 CTD and the other in a '99 PSD w/ a 80 horse Superchip Program from a Max tuner. They both say that they have seen a good increase in power. I don't have any #'s performance wise but I just figured I would inform all about it. This is the best we have tried yet. If anyone knows more about this product I would like to know. I use their octane boost in both my pickup and our boat and it works great as well.

Later

Seven :cool:

NutNbutGMC
04-15-2002, 17:49
The diesel fuel produced by gas to liquids (GTL) process has superior environmental properties because it is free of aromatics and sulphur, and produces less particulate matter during combustion. These properties make the diesel suitable for use as a blend stock for the upgrading of conventional diesel fuels to meet more stringent fuel specifications.

The GTL process allows a smaller-scale, lower-investment alternative to liquefied natural gas projects and produces a quality product that is marketable through conventional channels.

An increasingly important characteristic of synfuel products are environmentally attractive in that they do not contain undesirable and/or harmful aromatics or sulfur compounds (clean burning fuels). Legislation and regulatory requirements continue to add support for the broader use of synfuel products. The advantages of synfuels are as follows:

1. No aromatic content
2. Smokeless jet fuel and diesel
3. No sulfur in products
4. Cetane number 70 or above (diesel)
5. Premium blending stocks
6. Smaller gas reserves required
7. No dedicated customers required

Cetane is a quality indicator for fuels. The higher the cetane number, the higher the quality of fuel. For example, refinery diesel is rated at a cetane number of 45. Synergy's GTL System will produce synfuels at a cetane number of 70+. This superior synfuel should command a premium price over regular diesel.

Synergy's synfuel will be used to blend and enhance low quality or normal diesel fuels. Regulatory agencies in Europe and North America are insisting that sulfur levels be lowered dramatically in diesel, from 300 parts per million (ppm) to as low as 5 ppm. Because of the cost of doing this, GTL-derived synthetic diesel is expected to become a valuable and highly sought after blending stock, or a stand-alone product in such markets as Los Angeles. Diesel is used extensively in the trucking and transportation industries, including the railroad industry. One of the major rail companies in North America estimates that they consume approximately one billion gallons of diesel annually. It is also estimated that annual consumption of diesel fuel in the US rail industry is approximately 70 billion gallons.

JoeyD
04-15-2002, 18:38
Where are you guys buying this?

pullinpower
04-15-2002, 19:07
Yea where are you getting it? I'd like to get some for my trip to "DEGA".

7mmSTW
04-15-2002, 19:40
The company is called Dyson oil. You can contact them @ Dyson oil inc Durant, OK: 1-800-456-7665. The product is called Synergin 20+ Cetane Boost. I bought this bottle for $5.37 it is 16 floz and will treat 100gal.

Later

Seven

mark45678
04-15-2002, 21:27
If any of you guys have use this "magic elixer" please let us know how good is it,did it help fuel mileage, and if we use it can I keep egt down and really turn up the power!

b.j.oneill
04-16-2002, 13:53
I ran it in my F-350 for a tank all hwy miles didn't see a great increase in milage but did see more power EGT stayed the same I called them today they would not sell it directly but will give you the name of any vendors in your area
Ben

sonofagun
04-16-2002, 14:01
Always informative NutNBut, Thanks

Bob

pullinpower
04-16-2002, 14:48
I called them and they only sell by the case,will anyone sell me a bottle or two? I'd like to put some in the tank for this trip this weekend.

NutNbutGMC
04-16-2002, 20:00
^... SoG Bob.......Always a pleasure to pass on stuff I run across. Have a great week.

7mmSTW
04-17-2002, 09:31
Hey Ben, Glad to see you finally made it over here!!

That BHAF for Mattisons truck turned out pretty nice considering what we made it out of.

BTW, we drilled out the old airbox too, that thing smokes about half as much as yours now. :eek:

See ya next weekend

Clay

JoeyD
05-06-2002, 18:49
I ordered a case a few weeks ago. 1st tank with it I could feel a little more power. I usually average 14-16 per tank depending on how much city driving I do. This tank about 1/2 and 1/2, 150 miles of that on the highway average speed of 85, got 15.5. That is good concidering I have 4.10 gears and it was screaming.

pullinpower
05-06-2002, 20:17
Hey joey would you sell me a bottle of the stuff? Cant find it anywhere. drop me a email,ehaney@midsouth.rr.com