PDA

View Full Version : Getting a bit nippy !!!!!

mackin
10-29-2002, 19:56
It's the right forum cause it's a little diesel too !!!!!! Give it respect ......

Sick of them frosty windows and ICE buildup???? I am..... How would you go about getting one of these puppies......
=>http://www.espar.com/htm/applies/pickup.htm
High efficient diesel.....No plugs...Good for the wilderness freaks.....How about when the wifey says if you love your truck so much why don't you go sleep in it.....
That's a big 10-4 ....OK see ya in the mourning!!!!!!!!!

MAC :D

HDLD
10-29-2002, 20:20
Ya, too bad they don't make one custom for the GM's...just Ford and Dodge. We're stuck with a generic unit that's not as easy to install. Furthermore, it won't work with the '03 climate control so the best I'd get is instant heat when I started it up/turned the heat on. Perhaps you could circumvent this with a remote start?

Otherwise, it's a great system albeit fairly expensive. I'd sure put my money towards something like this than changing my front to look like an '02! :confused:

Paintdude
10-29-2002, 20:34
That would be a great mod..Just how much does one of those cost?

AbqGeorge
10-29-2002, 20:44
Cool, sure beats those 1500 watt tank heaters that everyone used (probably still use) in their radiator hose. When I was stationed on the radar site up at Water Town, NY there was a long extension cord running out of every window in the barracks to the cars parked outside. Problem was, a breaker would invariably trip somewhere and we all were out of business!

Hit 33F here last night! Thinking about moving even further south ;)

Dave_WB3FYV
10-30-2002, 11:37
Hey Mac and AbqGeorge!

There's another way to avoid ice on the windshield - Move waaay South!!!
That's what I did, got sick of the cold in Connecticut and New York, now I spin my tires on the sand covered roads of Key Largo! And believe me - the sand isn't put there to increase traction!!!

Another benefit to a warmer climate, my Juice seems to work better down here. Always seemed to want a long time to warm up in New York, now it's get in and go - Wait to Start lite isn't on for more than 2 seconds!!!
Unfortunately, you probably wouldn't survive down here. Florida Highway Patrol force us to relax and slow down, seems like they tolerate 5 mph over the posted limit - but that's it!

Ya'll have fun up there, I hear my blender callin'
:cool:

deerhunter7
10-30-2002, 12:30
Mackin I got my from Greg. He had the best price by far. It's the best option for winter that I have ever seen. Sure is nice jumping in a warm truck matter where you are.. :D

Silver Bullet
10-30-2002, 13:34
Don't forget about remote start...just leave your heater/defroster on and click start it from inside the house!

On second thought, what the hell are you guys doing letting your DMAX's stay outside at night for? They should be in a warm garage!!!

mackin
10-30-2002, 18:55
deerhunter7

Oh your a tease!!!!!! Greg who??? Brady????LOL

Was the install difficult???I mean to get into the coolant lines....

I only wish my truck would fit in my Garage....Well it could but I got to put a wider door in.... But then the wife, well you get the idea......I just need to build a bigger garage.....

MAC :D

deerhunter7
10-30-2002, 20:46
No the install is not bad, the biggest part is drop the fuel tank to put the fuel pickup in.
As far as the coolant line you put one line to the
heater core and other to engine. It's in series with that line. If you look at my Pics you can see where I put mine.. Again this is a great set-up.. :D ;)

Paintdude
10-30-2002, 21:14
how much does one cost? Inquiring minds would like to know..I could feed mine from the aux tank..

Thanks. :D

LanduytG
10-30-2002, 21:40
Complete kit is $925 with remote add another $150.
Sold 6 this past week, get it before it gets real cold.
Greg

Maverick
10-31-2002, 02:50
Hey Greg, ever delt with this brand, style?

http://www.proheat.com/TRUCKS/truck.htm?MSeriesSpecs.htm&

Seems very small and compact and throws some serious BTU's.