PDA

View Full Version : Good DMax Service Shops in CA

TooMuchMuscle
10-29-2002, 23:21
I am new to this diesel truck thing and new to this site. You guys sure know a lot about these trucks. I have previously owned 8.1L and 7.4L trucks and now got myself into an 2001 2500HD DMax/Allison. I have 10,000 miles on it and things are finally looking in my favor. I have had two injector pumps replaced and some undercoating sprayed on the frame (diesel ate the original paint). I live in Los Angeles and was wondering which dealership, in my area, does the best service. I have been to two already and both places have told me about not having a really knowledgable diesel staff. Thanks for you help!!

Kent Tuttle
10-30-2002, 10:12
I have not used them personally, since I have not had any issues with the D-max but Clippenger Chevrolet in West Covina seems to do a lot of diesel business. When I had the 6.5 sub I spoke to them about setting the timing and the service advisor said they had a "dedicated diesel tech".

Good Luck!

TooMuchMuscle
10-30-2002, 10:46
Kent, Thanks for the heads up. I have dealt with Allen Gwynn Chevrolet (Glendale) and Chevrolet of El Monte (El Monte) and those two places are having trouble getting the diesel repairs made. About my two injector pumps, is there anything that I am doing wrong or is it the pumps fault. I dont want to be spending big money in the future.

Lets knock on wood and pray that this is the last injector pump.

dieselburb
10-30-2002, 22:17
Too Much, the owner of Allen Gwynn is a great customer of mine, so I'll have to get on his ass about your truck. They're usually really good about their diesels, but if you need another outlet, try Connell Chevrolet in Costa Mesa and talk to Bill Mathis. If you enjoy saltwater fishing, he's also got an in with me plus he does all the diesels and knows his stuff.

car of the week
10-30-2002, 22:36
i work for connell chevrolet and know bill mathis well. he is now a service writer and is the one to speak to about diesel needs. joe mills is now the diesel mechanic and he knows his stuff. he and bill worked side by side for years in our diesel bays. if you need service and want to come down, pull into the service drive and ask for bill, he will be glad to help and will probably know the fix before it goes to the mechanics. good luck, the number is 714-546-1200

Ryan

[ 10-30-2002: Message edited by: car of the week ]</p>

TooMuchMuscle
10-31-2002, 10:19
Connel Chevrolet is where I will be going from now on. Thanks for everyones help!!!