PDA

View Full Version : General Q on up grades on Duramax

smartfix
08-16-2003, 11:48
Hello all

We have a new 2003 Duramax.. I keep reading all over about upgrades.. Ok i'm slow or Dum.. We run a fleet of Trucks .. 7.3 Smokers and none of them are upgraded .. When we need shocks or work done we fix them..

Where switching our fleet now to Duramax units now..
I'm very happy with my STOCK OEM truck.. Yes we added side steps, Shell, Bug Shield, Not made changes to the Diesel.. What Drives most people to make real big changes on there new trucks.. When you spend 45,000 per rig thats big bucks ..

Like some feed back..This is not a Flame just trying to understand why.. I'm Very happy so far

My Fare is when i go back to dealer they will find some way to void something on our rigs.. Then try to fight them or get a lawyer

From steve :confused:

sdaver
08-16-2003, 13:31
the ability to go from 246 rwhp to 380 rwhp for about $850........or to the 450+ rwhp with some other upgrades(mainly tranny) 0 to 60 in less than 6 seconds in a big truck that easilly gets 14 to 15 mpg :D :D

the first(hot juice) can be removed or installed in about 5 minutes

tysmith
08-16-2003, 15:03
I have several trucks, not all Dmaxes, and employees who drive them. I wouldn't do ANYTHING to a Dmax that someone else would be driving. These trucks are plenty strong and able right off the lot, so put your $$$ into YOUR truck. :D

Exhaust, guages, juice. Pretty much everyone would agree.

Ty

Dave
08-16-2003, 20:14
Originally posted by smartfix:
Hello all

What Drives most people to make real big changes on there new trucks.. When you spend 45,000 per rig thats big bucks ..

Like some feed back..This is not a Flame just trying to understand why.. I'm Very happy so far

My Fare is when i go back to dealer they will find some way to void something on our rigs.. Then try to fight them or get a lawyer

From steve :confused: I guess I would say several reasons to modify. This is the most expenisve vehicale I have ever purchased. I loved it stock and thought it was the best performing 1 ton I ever owned and I have had several. Yet I added the jucie as soon as I could get a juice box.

I add the juice box for improved towing capablities. With the juice it can hold overdrive much longer on a mountain grade, so less fuel used and lower trans temperatures. The transmission has much less shifing between od and 4th on cruise when towing, meaning less wear and tear. It's also a blast to drive empty, a 7000 pound crew cab dually that will run a quarter in under 15 seconds. The box can be removed in two minutes and the dealer will never know it was there.

The hot Juice is even more fun. Just be careful in the rain as it will spin the tires with ease when up shifting.

afp
08-16-2003, 21:37
Smartfix,

I'd also go slowly on mods to fleet trucks. EGT, and Boost gauges, free-flowing muffler, amzoil air filter, and Bilstein shocks would probably be all I'd do to them. If you take them in places where oyu need more ground clearance, then I'd add a leveling kit form Hill Country 4WD to raise the nose of the truck about 2".

For your personal truck, you must add the Juice...............

Blaine

sdaver
08-17-2003, 06:41
yes I agree.......your truck not the fleet......your tire bill would be excessive :D

Burner
08-17-2003, 10:10
Just a suggestion for the