PDA

View Full Version : Duramax and High School rodeo

billnourse
07-21-2002, 19:57
Was out at the National High School Finals rodeo this afternoon, and found that the Duramax was pretty well represented for a two year old vehicle. They certainly didn't out number the Dodge and Ford yet, but there was definately a presence.

Talked to a guy at the Edge "Juice" display, and he said he had 70,000 miles on his 2001 hauling kids and horses to rodeos around the country. The guy at the booth was trying to sell us on the Juice, and this guy's comment was that he had as much power as he needed just like it was. Sorry Mackin, guess he just doesn't know a good thing.

Just thought everyone might like to know that the pickup is making it's mark in the rodeo world.

Regards,

Bill

tmg115
07-21-2002, 20:00
oh the duramax is making its mark in the horse world. go to a horse show and you will see tons of duramax's. in the country they are not as popular because farmers can't get them used yet.

Rebel_Horseman
07-21-2002, 20:19
The Duramax is definately represented well in the rodeo and horse show rings. My family has 2 of them for their horse ranch ( http://www.wrjpainthorseranch.com ): a 2001 2500 HD 4x4 and a '02 3500. The trucks are gaining popularity fast in the market because of the features they bring to the table. Quietness is nice around jumpy horses, power is nice when towing big trailers full of valuable animals, a transmission not rivled by any other truck line except International or Freightliner, and other features. One of the reasons it's coming slow may be because of the high cost associated with the new drivetrain. A $7,000 +/- investment on what most people consider an unproven engine and transmission is hard to stomach. The Dixie Nationals is the largest horse show and rodeo east of the MS River and there is a good representation of all the truck lines. My girlfriend and I rodeo and while there are not as many Duramaxes as compared to Cummins and Powerjokes, there are a few in the small association we comtribute to. The word is getting out and more and more GM trucks are finding their way into the hands of professional rodeo participants, cattlemen, and horsemen.

Reb

P.S. My cousin's 2500 HD was one of the first ones prodiuced (he took delivery in Feb of '01) and he has put about 80,000 miles towing, working on the ranch, and driving Mississippi backroads without a problem. :D