PDA

View Full Version : Alternator

hd90rider
12-14-2003, 10:05
In the last couple days(temps have been in the 20's)when I first start the truck,the alt.guage is in a discharge position & stays there till I start down the road & then it kicks into the charge side of the guage.Both batteries were replaced a few months ago,so I do have new ones. Has anyone else had this problem or have an idea what is going on. Thanx :confused:

2K2AD
12-14-2003, 10:21
It is normal. The glow plugs and air intake heater are the culprits.

Electrical Dip (http://forum.thedieselpage.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=004827)

Kevin

hd90rider
12-14-2003, 22:02
2K2AD
Thanx for the reply & the thread. Was ready to have batteries checked again. I had never noticed that happening befor,although it must have as this is my 2nd winter with this truck. Thanx again

MaxACL
12-20-2003, 10:33
Bill,

How many miles on your D'Max?

Mike

PS... how's Marrion these days?

hd90rider
12-23-2003, 13:51
Merry Xmas Mike, havent had the computer on this week,so that's why the slow response. Truck now has 274,000. Still humming along & never a minute prob. from the Alli. Marion is still a jerk ( why?, did you think he changed!!!!)LOL. Am in Ca on our way to the kids in Los Altos for the holiday. Hauled a 36 ft 4 slide out this trip. Heavy 5er but the DMax/Alli didnt know it was bach there. Glad to hear your back from the Banana Belt. Next time you go up east holler a few weeks in advance & if things work out stop & see us. Merry Christmas Bill