PDA

View Full Version : Yes, I have no fast idle...

roegs
08-17-2003, 14:18
Armed with JK

SoCalDMAX
08-17-2003, 14:33
Scott,

Looks like the same Murphy's Law that rules my life is also in effect in this instance.

Here's what I do, stick my tongue out the LEFT SIDE of my mouth while simultamenously clicking my heels and.... wait, wrong procedure.

OK, here it is. My understanding is that the pins are retained in the connector with a plastic (blue?) retaining mechanism. If you can remove the ECM and see the correct pin location, try this. Relieve tension on the harness and remove the pin retainer. Use a very thin object (paparclip, etc) to puncture the clear cellophane covering the unused connector locations and insert the hi idle pin, insert retainer.

I've never done this mod, so if it's not possible to see the pin location or remove the ECM, sorry. Just a suggestion.

Regards, Steve

Hound
08-17-2003, 21:23
A Dmaxallitech harness for OD lockout sounds quite interesting. I have been thinking about the doing OD lockout mod for a while. Is it just a wiring harness or is a switch included and what did it run you if you don't mind me asking?

roegs
08-17-2003, 21:34
Steve..thanks for the note. I took a look based on your comments, and it could possible be done, but things are a little tight down there. Guess I'll need to decide how bad I want the fast idle. :rolleyes:

Hound...the wire I got from Eric was for fast idle. He included it with one of my parts orders (he's great to order parts from). You might drop him a note about OD lockout info.