PDA

View Full Version : How many Alaska guys on this forum?

AlaskaDmax
04-18-2002, 01:08
Hey everyone,

Just wondering how many Alaska guys are frequenting this forum...there are a few over on gm-diesel...I saw a different one here tonight and thought I would query....maybe we could get something together....like a fishing trip.

AlaskaDmax

[ 04-18-2002: Message edited by: AlaskaDmax ]</p>

Maverick
04-18-2002, 09:00
I am in Wasilla. I am in Anchorage just about everyday. ;) Nice pics of the fishing. I hope to add some this summer.

[ 04-18-2002: Message edited by: Maverick ]</p>

AlaskaDmax
04-18-2002, 11:21
Hey Mav,

You are over on GM-D also, we have chatted.

I have read your article before....when are you getting the new truck?

We do alot of fishing in the summer....fishing is the only thing I love to do.
This summer is going to be a doozy though, we are building a house down in Kenai...stress level is going through the roof.

If you see a Dmax running down the Seward with a ton of appliances on a trailer...that is me, give a honk.

Maverick
04-18-2002, 15:24
I run alot of metal roofing and building material down to Soldotna just about every Friday. Gotta go there tomorrow. I will have the gooseneck flatbed on. I gotta pickup a couple snowmachines at Air Cargo Express and take them to Team CC in Eagle River on the way back.
I am waiting for GM to get info to the dealers on when the 4500 crew cab 4x4 can be ordered. Nothing as of yet. Only reg cab 2wd for now. Walked into Alaska Sales earlier this week and I knew more about the product than he did. He didn't even there was a new product coming out. Makes you feel good when the dealers don't know what they sell. I think I will order one from Dave Smith in Kellogg when GM gets it rolling.
If you need metal roofing and flashing let me know. I can get you a good deal on it from IMSA. I also got a contractor cash account at SBS that gives me about 15% off.
Talk to you later. :D

GMC Dealer
04-18-2002, 17:02
The 4500 4x4 won't be available 'till at least mid '03. The current assembly plant isn't set up to install front axles and transfer cases. I think that they are working on building a new plant for the 4x4's or upgrading the current one,I can't remember. I'm sorry that your salesman was not informed. I try to be as informed as possible. I know what it is like trying to get answers from some idiot salesman who doesn't know jack about diesels and such. I have to correct the people I work with all the time. At least I get to drive brand new diesel trucks around. :D

DetroitBob
04-18-2002, 17:11
DetroitBob here. Another Alaskan out of Anchorage. Enjoying this forum.

Maverick
04-18-2002, 18:59
Thanks GMC Dealer. You will let us (me) know if anything changes sooner?! Please.
AlaskaDmax,
If you want to chat somemore, shoot me an e-mail. I don't want to plug up the DP with my blah, blah, blah.....

AlaskaDmax
04-18-2002, 19:08
Mav,

I added your email to my address book...will try to remember to shoot you an email soon.

Thanks!

AlaskaDmax
04-18-2002, 19:16
DetroitBob,

What do you drive ?

I have been seeing tons of DMAX around town lately and it seems like the Chevy is taking the place of the Toyota...used be a billion of those things running around...everywhere I go now I see nothing but Chevys.

oneton
04-18-2002, 19:55
Transplanted Alaskn' to Florida..Originally from Anchorage. Grandfather had three gold mine in the hills until his stroke. I think it would be one hell of the fishin' trip but would be a nice ride when I get my D-max, Yep, still pokin' along in my 6.5 while a D-max leaves me in the dust. I'm working on getting a 02 or 03 in the fall. I'm still undecided on the 03 front end. Maybe some ice-fishing then. :D

Oneton
94 6.5 TD Rocky Ridge conversion

AKDmax
04-18-2002, 20:34
Another Alaskan here. Hey Mav, we nixed the trip down this weekend because of the snow on the parks. I will catch up to ya later....You guys wanna go fishin let me know. Trucks and fishin, what else is there?

AlaskaDmax
04-18-2002, 22:24
AKDmax,

BEER.

Fishing,Trucks,Beer.

We should have our own Alaska DMAX Rondy...on a river, BC is too far away.

Maverick
04-18-2002, 22:32
AKDmax,
What do you mean that snow? Its only 30" and still falling. JK!
I'll be here till May 1 then its off to MN then to IA then to WA then to the Rendevous in B.C.
I got room for one more car on the way back if you guys know of anybody with vehicles that need to come up.
A rondy up here sounds good. Wait till I get back. :D

AKDmax
04-18-2002, 22:35
Oops! Forgot about the BEER. An Alaskan rondy sounds good to me. I doesn't look like many Alaskans visit this page so it may be pretty small.

[ 04-18-2002: Message edited by: AKDmax ]</p>

AlaskaMax
04-19-2002, 13:48
Another Alaskan here, live in Eagle River and work at the base.

2001 GMC D/A CrewCab S/B

AlaskaDmax
04-19-2002, 14:36
AlaskaMax,

I drive the big white monster with the screaming face in the rear window....you might have seen me around the base.

What do you drive?

DetroitBob
04-21-2002, 15:32
AlaskaDmax, at the moment, essentially I'm on foot. My 75 dually is undergoing a frame off rebuild and I'm waiting to pick up my GMC Dmax. See my post "Cancelled Order" in Drivetrains heading.

Robert