PDA

View Full Version : Attn: SoCalDMAX or other San Diegans.

D-n-Tyke
07-22-2002, 10:26
I am getting ready to do my first oil change and rear diff change. What I need to know is, is there anywhere local (El Cajon, Santee, Lakeside area) where I can get the Amsoil fluid and a oil filter. I want to do the change no later than this weekend and don't think any mail orders can get it to me soon enough. Anyone know of a place?

[ 07-22-2002: Message edited by: D-n-Tyke ]</p>

SoCalDMAX
07-22-2002, 11:21
Howdy neighbor,

There is a Porsche/VW performance shop on Mission Gorge Rd. down near the west end of Santee. Close to/across the street from the Kmart. I bought from him a few yrs ago. Volkers German Car Clinic
(619) 448-6216. Give him a call, see what he stocks.

If he doesn't have the oil filter (prolly won't) I've got a few Hastings filters. Call me if you need it and/or help.

Regards, Steve

Russ Denman
07-22-2002, 11:31
Search for AMSOIL on one of online Yellow Page directories such as Yahoo's. If you set your location, it will sort the result by closest.

D-n-Tyke
07-26-2002, 11:25
Hey Steve, are you going to be around on Saturday. I going to be down the street (birthday party :( ) May have to take you up on your offer to borough that filter. Havn't had a chance to hunt one down yet (looked at a couple of places no luck). Drop me an e-mail dnktman@cox.net.
Talk to you later.

SoCalDMAX
07-26-2002, 13:38
D,

No, I'm going to run the truck at the "Rices" (1/8 mi drags) tonite at Qualcomm. Then leaving Sat ~7AM for Vegas, will be back late Sun nite. Nothing beats a truck that'll fry some rice on a Fri. nite, yet smooth and quiet enough to take on long trips while the wife watches a DVD on the way!

I'll drop the filter off (with my lucky filter wrench and a note) on the neighbor's doorstep tonite. The oil filter is a real PITA, but it's doable. Eat yer Wheaties first!

I heard a good tip here: punch a small hole near the top edge and bottom of the filter and drain it into a container, then remove drain plug. Reinstall drain plug and concentrate on removing empty filter. Lot less mess.

Regards, Steve

D-n-Tyke
07-26-2002, 13:54
SoCal- Yeah I am not looking forward to the mess. Neighbor being the black F-150 and Black Expeditin right? I REALLY appreciate it. I will have to stop on the way home tonight and get a box of Wheaties. :D

Have a fun time in Vegas (Hope you are not coming back with another car tongue.gif ) and bring some of my money back for me. They got my $20 bucks last time I was out there :rolleyes: .