PDA

View Full Version : Belt tensioner shot.

hoot
04-18-2002, 10:44
My serpentine belt tensioner is wobbly and starting to sing a little. 26,000 miles. I heard the revised it for 2002. Will I get a new style when I go in for warranty? Or is it the whole front accessory mounting that has to be changed.

sonofagun
04-18-2002, 11:00
Hoot,
I don't have the answer but would appreciate knowing what you find out.

Good luck,
Bob

Kennedy
04-18-2002, 12:32
From what Ive seen, there were some major revisions to the alternator mount etc so I would think a simple upgrade swap would NOT be practical. I could be wrong...

More Power
04-18-2002, 14:57
I don't know if there was a PN change, but in appearance, mounting location and orientation, the '01's are the same as the '02's.

MP

Maverick
04-18-2002, 15:03
Mine was shot and was replaced at 53,000 miles. It was not covered under the engine warranty. The tensioner and a new belt was $70 bucks. The deductable on the engine warranty is $100 anyway. Looks the same as the old one.

mackin
04-18-2002, 15:29
Hoot,

If there is an updated tension puller I'm sure you would get it unless it required additional improvements that are 02 design changes. Unless you stirred up a dust storm...LOL Just open up that cooking gas tank and the'll think you PHARTED and want to get you out of there to clear the air.LOL :D :D

Hay you better leave DUKE alone in the WAR room someday you're gonna make him want to go swinging on a rope in a dark closet. If you know what I mean..... :D

By the way My Allison is taking the "JUICE" very, very well.....So am I...Shifting is very clean.....Let my friend drive it (who owns a D/A 3500) very impressed...... No out of the ordinary tranny temp changes, or shifts.......Nice set-up....Doesn't smell either. LOL Just like to toss you a dig.....
Take care MAC.......... :D :D

JF
04-18-2002, 16:47
do not believe you can change to new design. Replacing belt tensioner is now big deal anyway. With old design it is easy to get at

bearman
04-19-2002, 10:11
The belt tensioner went out on my old 2001 just befor I traded it off @ 32000 miles. Did they upgrade this on the 2002's?
Cheers
Bear

fasterthanyou
04-21-2002, 19:29
My belt tensioner went out at 27,000 miles as well. When the engine was cold it would squeak bad and I scheduled an appointment to get the tensioner replaced because I could see it hopping. Of course they had to diagnos the problem themselfs, the order one, then fix the problem. They didn't replace the belt at the same time, and it was all dried up and cracked from slipping, so the squeak didn't go away until I scheduled another apointment etc. I've got 33,000 miles now and the cold squeak is back. Kinda sucks, I'd love to find a better fix.