PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got G-tech #'s with the Juice!

ford2chevy
04-18-2002, 11:22
You guys keep saying how fast your truck is with the juice, what about 0-60mph and 1/4 times?????? smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

mackin
04-18-2002, 14:09
I guess I'll have to take a trip to WALLY world and borrow one.

OOPs........I mean Buy one and check it out............Rumor has it that it is faster in the 1/8 mile then most sports cars .?I believe it...... In due time. In due time...... :D :D :D
MAC :D

[ 04-18-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

CleviteKid
04-19-2002, 15:03
Dr. Lee has a G-Tech in Miami if anyone wants to drop by for a test run. I also found the local street-racing strip in southern Dade county. Email me at clevitekid "at" yahoo "dot" com if you want to know where to find it. It was deserted last Sunday at 6:45 am, except for yours truly ;) .

Dr. Lee

Kennedy
04-22-2002, 18:46
I think it will be some time before anything concrete is recorded. From what I am told, the Juice/Amp boxes are on hold due to technical difficulties. The promise dates keep getting bumped back.

While I am confident that in time, this box will be a true performer, for now it is just a myth...

mackin
04-22-2002, 19:06
There shipping last I heard ..AS of today........Heard it before.We all will know, there will be a big "OLE" JUICE rush here.......
MAC :D :D

Kennedy
04-22-2002, 19:23
Well, last I heard, BD was saying end of April, early May.

From what I have read in the BD Dyno days thread, the only AMP/Juice boxes present were 60 HP prototypes, unless I missed something. That said, I would have to question whether the handfull of boxes currently in end user's hands were really prime-time 90 HP boxes, or prototype test units? One would think if they were truly ready, they would have been running the 90HP variety at the dyno days, no?

Patiently (yeah right) waiting for the official release...

imported_
04-22-2002, 22:36
Kennedy. the juice box i tested was the 60 hp 'beta' version... even at that i tried my best to get him to part with it. but no go... having said that , i can't wait for the alpha version to be ready. i believe they are shipping the 90's this week

Kennedy
04-23-2002, 07:28
Mad Max,

This is what baffles me: The units are not available to distributors as of yet. The full on 90 HP variety was not available at BD's Dyno Days. Last I heard, Christian is saying a couple of weeks yet. I've checked everywhere, and keep getting the same answer: "Not QUITE ready"

Now what I can't figure out is what program file is in the box that Mackin is promoting??? If it was truly a 90 HP production box one would think that they would have had one at the dyno days...

imported_
04-23-2002, 13:43
Kennedy... from talking to Aaron extensively at dyno days i can tell you for sure that the 90 hp version of the box has not been released as of yet... i tried very hard to get him to 'loan ' me the 60 hp beta box he had on hand... even so far as to give him my visa number and a copy of my dl to show how much i wanted it... to no avail i might add... therefore i must conclude that his box is only 60 hp.... that being said my brother has the same truck with the van aaiken box and at max power his felt slower on the 70 hp setting than the edge box at its 60 hp setting... this will be worth the wait... trust me... i even have the pics of it on my truck as proof... but the off idle torque is amazing.... just like a pro stock run... front end lifting etc....

AzKevin
04-23-2002, 17:17
The urban legend grows... the Juice will raise the front end! smile.gif

Seriously though, I look forward to the Edge boys putting this problem behind them. I only wished Aaron would have been more forthright a few weeks ago when I asked whether they were having production problems. :(

If mackin hasn't been running the 90hp design we can only wonder how much more excited he will be.

imported_
04-23-2002, 17:46
no no no..lol..the juice will not lift the tires off the groung but wow... its like... hmmm how a muscle car's frame twists a bit... front end lightens up a lot and the rear tires are right at the razors edge of traction...you can feel them scramble for a few feet and then after first ...look out.... be pointed in the right way on dry pavemenn.... you have been warned. so afaik the 90 hp version will (hopefully) ship in about 10 days time.

AzKevin
04-23-2002, 21:42
MaD MaX,

Sorry about that, I was just being a wise guy. smile.gif

I envy you getting a chance to sample the Juice waters. I think it was the English poet Lord Tennyson who wanted to say 'Tis better to have Juiced and lost than never to have Juiced at all. ;)

SoCalDMAX
04-23-2002, 21:47
OOUUCH, Kevin!

You been drinking again? ;) ;)

Regards, Steve

imported_
04-23-2002, 21:58
No worries Kevin.... i am just so stoked about this box though... imho it should offer better future power production than any other... but what separates it from the van aaiken box is that its torque rise is lower in the rpm band and is maintained for a longer period of time... that will be useful in a towing application

Kennedy
04-24-2002, 07:51
Per phone conversation with Aaron:

The only Juice boxes released are 60HP boxes lacking any of the timing parameters which are still in development. The release date is ASAP, which could be today, or could be two weeks.

Once again, I am highly optimistic that these boxes will be excellent, BUT until they are run head to head with current offerings, any claims above the 60HP level currently released will not hold water.

I think we had better give Mackin a valium before he actually jumps on it with a 90HP box. We don't want him to have a heart attack... ;)