PDA

View Full Version : 14.24 @ 92.58 Quartermile!

blue
07-22-2002, 16:52
Was at Norwalk Raceway Park in Ohio over the weekend, towing a car to a race event that weekend. Friday was "Test and Tune" so ran the truck and did a best out of 2 good passes:

14.241 @ 92.58mph. 60 foot 1.947 in 4WD.
I beat a new Mitsubishi Eclipse 6 cylinder, and a red Camaro LT-1 smile.gif

GMC Sierra 2500HD D/A 4x4 SLT ExtendedCab Longbed, weight with driver ~6650 lbs. (was 6440 no driver on CAT scale with 3/8 tank or so) K&N airfilter, Edge Juice Box from Kennedy Diesel version 3.5c, on level 4; in 4WD, brakestand to about 10psi on line (brakes will NOT hold truck still under FULL power even with brake pedal on floor)...and turned SpeedZone PowerPlay box up to full once launched. Stock exhaust.
Previously, had gone 14.66@91mph with Juice alone.

At ~65mph put Juice to level 2 until the 4-5 upshift/lockup, then back to level 4. (I need to see exactly when the 4-5 shift happens, as 65mph seemed too early, was in level 2 too long before the 4-5 shift finally occurred.) Even so, I think a 13 second quartermile might be unlikely. The other pass was s 14.342 @ 92.54mph.

These trucks are cool, people were really digging it and some friends taped the runs and you could hear people exclaiming, then laughing that it beat those cars smile.gif

[ 07-23-2002: Message edited by: blue ]</p>

Joe.G
07-22-2002, 17:13
I take it yours is a single cab by looking at the weight with 4/wd. The 4 to 5 shift should occur around 70 mph if your tires are stock, if they are oversize the rpms will be the same but the speed will be higher. I wish I could launch as high as a 4/wd does, I know my truck will run in the 14 teens if I could just get it off the line w/o spinning!

2001HD Dmax/All Ext/Cab S/B W/Edge, Asmoil filter and the rest is stock.

Maxter
07-22-2002, 18:21
By all means do us all a favor and get a capture of that video. That's gold on tape.

Kennedy
07-22-2002, 19:22
About 70-75mph on the speedo is where the 4-5 shift occurs. 72 would be a good point to cut it back. This comes from dyno experience and knowing how high we can set the "test window"

Another note: It often takes a few "trial runs" for the Allison to get the rhythm and shift properly when jumping to a stacked combo.

Blue, are you from WI???

[ 07-22-2002: Message edited by: kennedy ]</p>

Raptorrider2001
07-22-2002, 21:51
I tried launching mine a couple of days ago and did not have much success. I have tried it a couple of times not power braking and could not even screech the tires by leaving it in drive. Then, by power braking it and dropping it to 3rd, it smoked the tires, then began to wheel hop and hit the rev limiter. I have a 4x4 but was trying this in 2wd. Do you leave it in drive and let the computer do the rest? It has been quite a few years since I raced my '89 Mustang (5spd). Thanks :confused:

blue
07-23-2002, 07:07
I edited the post with some additions for q on weight (is an ExCab).
You are right, I have to see if I can get that videotape! I will try to do that!
Kennedy, you are right, it was not 100% efficient on shifts, I bet learning it would help, and might go faster too as it felt like the Juice may have been juggling the power on the other shifts too. Maybe that's all why the mph isn't THAT much better with PowerPlay box added.

[ 07-23-2002: Message edited by: blue ]</p>

Forced Induction
07-23-2002, 07:49
Blue,
That is an amazing time!! smile.gif Did you run it with the juice or power play alone on any of the runs?? And what was the ambient temperature at the track that day?? I hope to run in the high 14's with the Juice alone, with any luck, but judging from past posts that shouldn't be a problem. Keep us informed on future performance. Great job!! :D

Jason

Maxter
07-23-2002, 08:01
Blue:

I'll capture it and host it for you if you want to. This is good stuff for the community. Email me at jeff@jflaplante.com if you ever need my snail mail address.

Should have bought that juice box when I had the money instead of giving a kayak to my girlfriend...

mackin
07-23-2002, 08:13
Maxter,

Well, Ya, ........ :D tongue.gif smile.gif

MAC