PDA

View Full Version : Trubo covered under the 'max extended warranty?

jeb
04-18-2002, 12:45
This question came up when I was chatting with a fellow dmax owner. Our warranty books are a bit fuzzy when it comes to if the turbo is covered on the extended 5/100k dmax motor warranty. The section above the extended part that talks specific to diesels (page 12 in my 01 warranty book) mentions the turbo specifically. The extended warranty language does not list it amongst the things covered.

I called the dealer service and he called the salesman. We had the same salesman so we were just working both ends. Both of us were told that it wasn't covered. So yesterday I called the 800 number in the warranty book. The lady there said it SHOULD be covered and, after much chasing of tails, said I should really talk to the dealership. I told her I had and she said I should again. Not much help.

I called back today to that 800 number and finally got someone who was willing to do some footwork. She said the turbo is listed as a part of the diesel engine assembly and therefore covered. She had more specific language to read from but wouldn't provide me with a copy. She assured me it was covered but I told her my service folks said it wasn't. She got the dealer name, put me on hold and called them. She gave me a name of the service mgr and said that he now knew and acknowledged that it is covered.

I still wasn't satisified because the answers could evaporate by the time I really need them, if ever. So she opened up a permanent reference # for me for my VIN that states what she told me.

The turbo is also listed as being covered under the emissions warranty so I guess it's probably not too much of a worry.

My question, yes, I actually have one smile.gif , is does this information agree with everyone elses findings or does someone know for sure one way or the other on this issue? I do feel pretty good at this point that it is but just curious.

My concern stems from the fact that turbos, at least not too many years ago, were pretty common items to fail.

Thanks.

[ 04-18-2002: Message edited by: jeb ]</p>

hoot
04-18-2002, 13:09
Turbo is covered 5/100,000

Maverick
04-18-2002, 15:12
The emissions warranty is only 50,000 miles. I fought around this one also so I know.