PDA

View Full Version : CAT Filter question for Hoot ???

D'Max_2_DA_Max
08-18-2003, 18:30
Hoot,

Way back when, 5-13-03 you posted this:

Little note for everybody....

The fellow that sold me my fuel line asked me how I was using it. He said if you weren't using pushlocks or if the steel line doesn't have a raised rib, you'll have problems with sealing. In otherwords, this could be an air leak source. You'll see this when steel lines are cut and hose slipped over and clamped. Not a good idea.

[ 05-13-2003: Message edited by: hoot ]

What are "pushlocks?" redface.gif redface.gif I'm not familiar with that term. A type of hose clamp I presume? Where might I find some?
Thanks!

imported_
08-18-2003, 18:37
It is a fitting with a barbed end that is not suppose to require a clamp. You lube your hose :D , push it on, and voila!

ndamico
08-18-2003, 19:43
Lube your hose? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: isn't that what she said?..oops sorry...

yeah pushloks just "push" into the line with a help of a little lube. they look a lot like barb, but usually the teeth are larger than those found on a reg. barb.

hoot
08-18-2003, 21:00
This is a push-lock fitting...
http://www.uscom.com/%7Ehoot/cars/duramax/gmc/fuelfilter/thumbnails/DSCN2951.jpg

Basic design goal was to eliminate clamps. Works quite well but most of us put clamps on anyway.