PDA

View Full Version : Tranny problems?

Murray the Cop
12-19-2003, 06:34
I have the juice with attitude installed and the shifts at the 4&5 settings feel like they are slipping. I switched to the juice after trying the quad,that tripped the safe mode on my tranny on hard accell at higher speeds. This happened three times before I switched. The shifts sometimes feel as though there is a slip between them now. I notice a higher rpm for a split second and then the shift. But not everytime. Also seems to go right past third gear(sometimes). No codes for the tranny showing either. These problems only occurr under specific conditions,not all the time. The slip is actually at moderate accell and when stomping on it at say 55 and the tranny down shifts it feels as though there is nothing there then it upshifts and it pulls out. I have been contemplating a tranny upgrade but I am not sure these problems are not computer related(TCM)and I also can't figure out how much of an upgrade to go with.Any input will be much appreciated. Thanks

BMDMAX
12-22-2003, 07:51
Murray,

It all depends on what you will do in the future. I don't like to do things twice so I went with the full upgrade.

More Power
12-22-2003, 10:51
Transferred to "2500HD/3500 Trucks & Drivetrain" forum.