PDA

View Full Version : Chevy 3500 Duramax dead, Chev no help, haven't a clue whats wrong.

AppyHauler
07-23-2002, 14:41
Heads up everyone....A warning regarding Chevrolet's Roadside Assistance and Customer Satisfaction...BEWARE...they don't care about you or your vehicle.

My 2002 Chev Duramax with 12,800 miles has been broke down 1500 miles from my home since July 7 and they still can't figure out whats wrong with it. Seems the engine built up a lot of back pressure and blew front and rear seals, melted the turbo boost sensor. They told me they have it running now, but it runs very rough and they have a lot of blow by coming from the engine and now have to wait several more days for parts.

All this happened while on my way back from a national horse show in Oklahoma City with horses on board. I've had to pay to have the horses hauled home, for a rental car to get me home, missed several days of work and had to leave my living quarters horse trailer in New Mexico.

When I request a new engine the area field engineer just tells them to keep trying to fix the engine.

What really burns me is they still don't know what the root cause of the problem was in the first place....So let's drive it down the road Mr. Consumer and see if it happens to you again.

I've talked with customer assistance....USLESS. It's a call center that can't blow their noses without permission from a higher up. Sometimes they don't even call you back.

Just had to vent. Thanks.

andy911
07-23-2002, 15:05
I'm really sorry to hear about your D/Max 'AppyHauler' and the way it's being handled. There's nothing worse than being told "we haven't a clue what went wrong, but we're going to fix it anyway". Strange, you'd think that GM/Isuzu would want the D/Max back to investigate. After surfing this site for a few months now, it's obvious that this is a rare occurrence, but I doubt that makes you feel much better right now.
Were there any symptoms before it expired??
Regarding all your additional expenses (not to mention trouble) I would continue to hassle GM Service all the way to Bob Lutz if neccessary, to get some satisfaction. LOL.
:(

NutNbutGMC
07-23-2002, 16:29
^...To substantiate the expediency and usefulness of GM Roadside Assistance program and Appyhauler's frustrations, the short of my long story, when I had a 2k1 Duramax, is that GM Roadside Assistance sucks. They downright suck California into Kansas, from the Eastern seacoast, somewhere near CT. They are an outsourced vendor representing GMC, doing little of nothing to assist this customer. As soon as they got my VIN and account number into the system, they wished me good luck. Took me 4 months to settle up over a dollars 35 reimbursement for a rental to complete my trip.

Eff 'em.

[ 07-23-2002: Message edited by: NutNbutGMC ]</p>

Paintdude
07-23-2002, 19:13
Call the attorney general in your state..They should be happy to make some phone calls for you..Also check the net for consumer help-assistance orgs...

At least get the truck to a shop that knows how to fix the problem or have them ship the truck to OHIO to the duramax plant and tell them to fix it..

Chris N5CWM
07-23-2002, 21:02
Like it says in my SIG,

No Onstar! tongue.gif

And I totally forgot about the
"Roadside Assistance" that comes
with the truck. What they will do
to sell vehicles nowdays.

-Chris

mackin
07-24-2002, 04:15
Onstar got me in my Truck once when I locked the Keys in it ...... Less then 10 min........In addition,one other time, ran the battery down on a ZR2 Blazer on the day after Thanksgiving, so it was a busy day, dispatched a JUMP in about a 1/2 hour...... GM roadside is triple A, they dispatch a service company, now if the service company is poor, GM is only partly to blame IMHO ......

Customer Satisfaction =&gt; Yea Right,thats similar to the courtesy counter at the grocery store, I got so ripped once ,with a crowd, with a snot behind the counter, I asked her to define COURTESY, she looked at me dumb founded ....... :rolleyes:
GM customer service personal are paid to be good listeners period .......

MAC

[ 07-24-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

WayCoolKennel
07-24-2002, 14:14
Hey AppyHauler.. sorry to hear of the problems.. I had similar issues with a DROF .. DROF cust assis sucked..

Anyway.. I'm in NM.. and if I'm close to where your truck is etc.. and I can help with something just let me know..

--Steve

hdmax(mike)
07-24-2002, 15:11
They are getting dangerously close to the 30 without a fix. That spells Lemon!

You need to contact a good Lawyer that knows the loop holes for the Lemon law. That may get you a new truck, or atleast a new engine.

BobNelson
07-24-2002, 20:04
Appy... even if a lawyer friend called them as asked some pointed questions, it might get their attention and moving.

Be careful that someone does not missrepresent. need to be a real lawyer. Barter with one for some great car washes or something... like a ride in a cool truck... if they get it back for you...