PDA

View Full Version : Just bought a 2004 2500HD D/A 4X4!!!

gassedracing
08-18-2003, 21:18
Greetings all! Newbie Greg here.

Just bought a 2004 2500HD D/A 4X4 and I had a few questions. I'll search for as much as I can find, but I wanted to ask this to the group.

What are the known differences between the 2003 and 2004? Specifically regarding the Duramax and the Allison tranny. I see all kinds of aftermarket parts for the '03 and nothing yet for the '04. Am I safe in assuming everything is the same for the '04?
Specifically, I want to do:
Exhaust, Air Filter, and possibly a programmer. I tow only a small Featherlite with the truck, but I love the Duramax and the diesel technology made this truck a must have.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Burner
08-18-2003, 22:21
First off----> Welcome to the board! We're glad to have ya. :D Ya got the 7 motor.....all programs apply. :D BOMB AWAY !

Burner-------> :D

Jesus Freak
08-19-2003, 19:59
Hey fellow Newbie here...

Just bought an 03 myself, did'nt want to wait for an 04. Look around the forum, everybody has alot of different advice on what to add-on but just decide what will work best for you... Don't know of any changes to the 04.
Good luck...
Ernie

imported_
08-19-2003, 20:23
gassedracing,

You're going to love your new truck. And they keep getting stronger and smoother. I've got 16,000 and it still seems to be growing stronger.

One thing you should consider immediately is to get additional fuel filtering.

There is a guy who posts here periodically, George Morrison, who is a guru on this topic.

Best if you read his words and make your own choices - but I think most here will agree, the sooner the better.

Here's a compilation of most of George's posts on the subject:

Goerge's CAT Research for Fuel Filtratrion (http://forum.thedieselpage.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=006528;p=)

Also here is a thread containing the latest information on the available fuel filters:
MEGA, CAT, RACOR, Standyne Fuel Filters Compared (http://forum.thedieselpage.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=006502)

Good Luck and Welcome Aboard.