PDA

View Full Version : Sad but True

TooMuchMuscle
12-22-2003, 11:03
Its been 14 months and 51,000 miles and I just traded my 01 DMax in for a Honda Civic... Did it for expense reasons and the marriage coming up, but will purchase an 05 in a year from now... Hope all is well and have a Merry Christmas...

urcndust
12-22-2003, 11:12
Oh man that really sucks! :eek: I understand life is full of sacrifices. Good luck with the Honda. You aren't planning on putting one of those beer can mufflers on it are you?

TooMuchMuscle
12-22-2003, 14:52
No Fart Can for me... Its a little different but will get me through until I buy a house...

BlueOx03
12-22-2003, 19:48
Wow! That's just horrible I'd rather hear that you burned it to the ground...that's just a horrible injustice on so many levels...bout the same as burning the ensign and poop'n on it to boot...hope it was worth it..I'll be running to vomit now...

Russ Denman
12-22-2003, 20:58
Personally I would have kept the truck and delayed the marriage. Good trucks are hard to find! ;)

TooMuchMuscle
12-23-2003, 08:42
Equitty and $20,975 for a trade-in I couldnt help it... Also have two other trucks to get me around so the DMax was the first to go cause of the payment... Will be purchasing another as soon as the house is purchased... Give a year...

Merry Christmas,
Robert

chevmeister
12-23-2003, 19:18
dude sorry to hear of your loss...... WHAT WERE YOU THINKING!!!!!

FisHn2DMax
12-24-2003, 00:01
Let's see .....A DuraMax Truck Vs. House, a happy wife, and a Honda Civic. Hummmmmmm.....

All I can say is you must be ONE HELL of an unselfish person!!!

My wife has owned four Honda's in twenty years, and I just bought my Daughter a Civic for School. Never had a problem with our Honda's!!! At least you bought a decent car! If you must drive a small car, the Civic is a great choice! Good Luck to you and when you come back, we'll all have the old trucks and you'll have the NEW and more powerful 2005 DMAX.

Good Luck
smile.gif

Scott Duprey
12-24-2003, 05:23
Oh no. I am asking the honey soon for her hand. I guess I better give this some thought. I am not sure I can say good bye to my ride. Truck I mean.

OH MY GOD, no, no, no, can't happen to me.

I wonder if the proposal stipulate's I keep my truck that will work?

I know where you are coming from Toomuchmuscle. I often think of dumping all the toys to reduce the payments. I'd be rich if I didn't have a truck payment and camper payment and insurance payments on both of them. Extra grand a month. :eek:

max out
12-24-2003, 08:52
Some times a wife can add up some stiffeling bills also, probley more than your paying now. KEEP the beast. I'f you cant do it..... Best of luck with your choice.

Chris N5CWM
12-24-2003, 11:21
A HONDA? That's just TOO sensible man! Ya should of looked for a nice used VW Jetta TDI diesel! Then at least you could enjoy the sweet aroma of diesel fuel to quench those cravings! :D

Congrats and Good luck on the house. It'll be worth the wait for the 2005 DMax!

Inspector
12-24-2003, 21:22
Maybe some Pre-Nups.
Denny

JRM
12-25-2003, 10:57
what changes will the '05 have over the lly '04? I to drive a civic, 43MPG average at 75MPH across I-80 before we hit cabbelas! its awesome- The VW TDI was $5K more and I can buy alot of unleaded for that money and get nearly the same mileage:)
Oh the fun of a 100+ mile drive to work tongue.gif

MaxACL
12-27-2003, 09:26
My wife gave my a similar choice once... Got more than 300k miles on that ole truck.

A Texas dilemma: Your Mother-in-Law going over a cliff in your brand new Truck! :rolleyes:

Mike

TooMuchMuscle
01-01-2004, 22:32
Thought about the savings and such but realized that with the savings from the truck I can pay cash for a sand rail or dirt bike in 6 months... As for the TDI I was looking but couldnt find a VW dealer willing to take the truck in for a decent trade-in price... I ended up doing the deal through CarDirect.Com and the trade-in value was 3-5k more than all the other lots in the area... Have a happy new year and will be back in 05 with a new D-Max