PDA

View Full Version : 6 speeds and cruise control and cold weather

needbigtruck
04-22-2002, 15:05
I am haveing a small problem re-engaging or accelerating with the cruise control when it is cold out. Once the inside of the truck warms up I have no problems. I am convinced it has something to do with the sensor for the clutch. From what I can tell the sensor is around the clutch rod that passes through the fire wall. It probably serves 2 purposes, 1. senses the clutch pedal is in to allow the truck to start, and 2 dis-engages the cruise when the clutch pedal is depressed. I have had no problems starting the truck. It always cranks. But today once again the cruise wouldn't re-engage, or accelerate. It was 30 degrees out today. Once the truck warmed up a little it worked fine. Last week it was in the 70's and I had no problems. I'm hoping one of you 6 speeder's out there knows more than me about this. Do any of you know how the clutch sensor works?

Joe Dawson
04-22-2002, 16:09
I have the Allison transmission and I have had the same problem from time to time when the weather is cold. If I shut the cruise off and then back on I can reset the speed. If your acts the same way it probably isn't the clutch switch.

[ 04-22-2002: Message edited by: Joe Dawson ]</p>

2K2AD
04-22-2002, 17:36
I'll third that. Once she warms up, all is fine. Have not figured it out yet.
Kevin

SoMnDMAX
04-22-2002, 18:50
Yep me too...

I think GM is trying to prevent the engine from being excessively lugged by the cruise when the engine isn't at operating temp, or it's just a quirk in the programming.

For me, this didn't come about until the reflash for the "excessive shifting with the cruise on" bulletin.....

MaxRock
04-23-2002, 14:13
needbigtruck,

I have the same running gear that you have. I have not noticed this problem, but typically drive around 3 miles before I get onto the highway. This may be why I have not experienced the problem.

MaxRock