PDA

View Full Version : Changing fuel filter

JrTuner
04-22-2002, 20:10
Is there any special procedure to replace the fuel filter? I will be changing my first one, once I get my Juice that is on backorder. TIA

NJDMAX
04-22-2002, 20:18
JrTurner,
Look in the What's New section on the home page. There is a article showing all the steps to replace the fuel filter with photos.
Hope this helps.

310-MAN
04-22-2002, 20:23
Remove the battery on the right side & it makes it a snap to change the fuel filter. You can now get your filter wrench & hands on the fuel filter. 310 Man

mattb5150
04-28-2002, 21:42
Did mine for the first time today. Instead of removing the battery I removed the inner fender. The new push in clips are alot nicer than the old ones GM use to use on the 6.5L's. It's only necessary to remove the rear clips and then pull down the plastic fender liner. The fronts come out easily until you get to the one big flat one the size of a quarter, just remove the rears.

Hardest part was screwing the new filter on the base while holding a filter full of fuel. Also if you read Jim's article he says to unscrew the bleed screw 3-4 turns I unscrewed 3 complete turns and when I pushed the priming pump the first time it pushed the bleed screw out and it fell off. I would only recommend 3 to 4 half turns. Truck fired right away and no problems so far. You may want to wash the inner fender with a brush and water to remove any dirt prior to removing the liner. Installing the new filter through the fender well with dirt up there may cause dirt to be knocked into your new clean filter.

Matt B.

[ 04-28-2002: Message edited by: mattb5150 ]</p>

sooty
04-28-2002, 23:49
Mattb5150. Why is the new filter full of fuel while you are screwing it on? That would make it messy and hard to turn. Jim