PDA

View Full Version : 03 Chev 2500HD D/A "DEMO"-what's it worth?

Chris N5CWM
08-20-2003, 21:23
I found a "demo" 2003 Chevrolet Silverado LT D/A crew cab short bed 4x4 today. It's loaded with options like XM, leather, factory 6 disc changer, rear seat entertainment (DVD video system).
It has 7,400 miles on it from the dealership owner's son. I have no clue how old (ie "mature") this individual is but I know how people treat rental cars so this one might be the same.
It's white with tan interior. Has the locking diff, skid plate package, BVE chrome assist steps, Z82 HD trailering equipment,
steering wheel controls, OnStar etc too.

Anyhow, the truck stickers at $48,554. They ran the numbers and with the rebates and incentives, it came to about $39,000 plus tax/tags/license. Didn't get as far as financing because it was closing time.

The truck looks really good but some scratches in the bed so it has been used to haul stuff.

Should I snatch it up or run like mad?
Or have them start at "invoice" price..how much should the mileage deduct from the figures? It has never been titled but in my eyes it is a "used" vehicle now.

What I didn't expect was the rear seat entertainment system, which is a flat screen monitor (TV) on the overhead for the rear seat pax and headsets. That is pretty attractive right there!

I think the price is a little high for a DEMO. Am I wrong?

AbqGeorge
08-20-2003, 21:41
Yeh, gut feeling is I think it's high for a demo. Don't know how they intend to work in the incentives, rebates, etc......... It's a used truck! The '04s are hitting the showrooms now. Offer 'em $33k and see if they blink. If you bring a trade-in into the bargain, all bets are off.

tswartos
08-20-2003, 22:18
ya, its new car price...in my area that truck is going for 34k

blowinsmoke
08-21-2003, 06:28
Seems a bit high to me.. I bought my 03 up here in North Texas a few weeks back - looking at what they're giving you off the sticker I would say there's more play there.. You could probably get an 04 LS for less money. If you're ever up this way and want to talk to a great dealer.. Talk to Shane Hewitt at Eldorado Chevy in Mckinney.. Tell him I sent you, he'll hook ya up.. - I've bought a couple from them in recent times.. allways had the best deal.

Pete

Big Tow
08-21-2003, 08:16
My dad was a GM at several dealerships before getting sick of working saturdays and becoming a stock broker. I can tell you that a demo vehicle has almost certainly been abused. You can bet it hasn't been driven like you would drive a car you PAID for. I don't care what the price is, I have a standing rule to never buy something that was a demo or a rental.

On the other hand, I have the DVD set-up in my LT and it is pretty nice. You can listen through the awesome Bose stereo or the wireless headphones, and listen to something else on the stereo. It is a nicely integrated system.

WhiteDuramax
08-21-2003, 21:11
I just recently talked to a guy that got really good trade in on his old truck plus they took 10,000 off sticker with all the rebates and stuff. It sounds pretty high to me, you should be able to get a brand new one cheaper than that.

Silver Bullet
08-21-2003, 22:18
Sounds high...you can get a NEW truck and add a few extras (DVD, etc.) for less than that!

Look at the tires...see if you can tell if it has been driven hard...see if they will throw in an extended warranty...I wouldn't go any higher than $35K with the extended warranty.

...I would also consider the things that are changing on the '04 models...tough call.

Chris N5CWM
08-22-2003, 01:55
Thanks. I'm gonna pass on this one. Guess I'll wait and see what happens with the '04s. If GM offers the DMax in the Suburban then I'll be all set! Or even a DMax Avalanche 2500, that'd be cool too! smile.gif