PDA

View Full Version : Grill removal

stevej
04-23-2002, 18:10
I see several people have the Kennedy headlight harness so you must have removed the grill right?

How do you release the far ends of the grill attached by the fender/turn signals?

Thanks
sj

hoot
04-23-2002, 18:19
You don't have to remove the grill at all, at least I didn't. The headlights drop out by pulling those four pins. I ran the harness across the top of the intercooler. My relay pack is on the passenger side in plain view.

Mdrag has some good pics.

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=508648&uid=157168

[ 04-23-2002: Message edited by: hoot ]</p>

DmaxMaverick
04-23-2002, 19:09
Hoot's right. Don't remove the grill unless you really want to make extra work.

Remove the headlights and the cover over the top of the radiator and everything should be easily accessible.

I installed mine in reverse of what the instructions/general describe. I installed the relays in the rear corner of the engine compartment on the driver's side. There are 2 studs protruding from the firewall to mount the relays (you will have to provide your own nuts, 6mm x 1, I think). It is close to the jump start power tap, so power is not an issue. The install was much cleaner than it would have been by the instructions. Total time, start to finish took about 20 minutes. Awesome setup!

cogburne
04-23-2002, 20:19
To answer your original question...

The ends and one place in the center just have "spring" retainers...Just pull firmly and they will pop out. Their is one bolt w/ 10 mm head in the center and 4 or 5 reusable plastic rivets on top. Just remove the center of the rivet with a screwdriver and the rest will pull out.