PDA

View Full Version : For those that have "boxes"

Alli-max
04-23-2002, 20:30
Just wondering, what other mods have you done? With the box, it increases fuel. But no modification to the breathing system means higher EGT's. Have you increased your airflow at all? Of course a 4" turbo back system would help lower temps, so would increased airflow. Just curious!

Alli-max
04-24-2002, 08:07
TTT

Kennedy
04-24-2002, 09:46
Well, since nobody else is answering...

I did the Amsoil filter from day one.

I did a bit of work to the air box lid, and it KILLED performance, so back to square one.

I cut out all of the cross ribs in the lower box, and added a 3/16" hole to each quadrant to drain any water.

I cut out a large triangle of the lower box that faces forward to allow a bit more air entry in a more direct manner.

I ceramic coated my RH exhaust manifold after doing some very minor grinding. The majority of the grinding was to the outside as the ports match very close vertically, and horizontally, the manifold port is MUCH wider.

The big area of concern was the drivers manifold. It has a huge indention cast into it near the steering shaft. This is reminiscent of the 6.5 downpipe, and cuts the area down to 1/2 right near the 3rd port from the front. I had this indent cut out, and a piece of plate welded in to open this up. I reinstalled the heat shield, and STILL can get my hand, at the knuckles between the shaft and shield.

I've tried 4" and 5" exhaust and have more or less concluded that the point of diminishing return is 4". The 5" is more for the "testosterone factor" AND is much louder. I plan to keep mine at 5" for now.

The max recorded EGT that I have seen is 988