PDA

View Full Version : The wait is over!

XAM-D
04-23-2002, 23:24
Six months and I finally drove her home today. Almost forgot I ordered one. Now the real fun begins. When will my tax return check get here, don't they know I got things to do. And of course, thanks Pontiac for your help. Also, need some recommendations on some tires. I think the factory gave me the wrong ones because these must belong on a 2-wheel drive S-10. Anybody fitting 33's without affecting ride too bad. Don't mind trimming and raising t-bars some but don't want to really affect ride. Will bilsteins help ride with t-bars cranked.

DmaxMaverick
04-24-2002, 04:11
XAM-D

Congrat's on the new addition. Lots of grins ahead for you.

As far as the tires go, I have 33's on mine (see sig.) and turned up the torsion bars 3.5 turns. It leveled out the truck with my 5'ver on it, and looks a whole world better than before.

It all depends on what you intend to do with your truck. If you are not going to load it up, I've heard from several that like just mounting the 285's on the stock wheels. If you plan to tow/haul, then the stock wheels are too narrow and allow too much sidewall flex. I would recommend 16 X 8's in this situation. Any wider and you will sacrifice turing radius without a lift kit. Cheers and good luck!

pontiac_m18
04-24-2002, 14:47
XAM-D, just doing my job & very glade to help out in my own little way!! Howard :D :D :D

mackey_62
04-25-2002, 07:45
CONGRATS XAM-D, NO WORDS TO EXPRESS HOW MUCH YOUR GONNA LIKE IT.
HEY DMAX MAVERICK: HOW DID YOU COME UP WITH 3.5 TURNS? JUST CURIOUS, SEEMS LIKE A LOT.
PLANNING ON PUTTING 255/85'S ON STOCK RIMS FOR SUMMER.
ANY CAMBER PROBLEMS WITH 33ish TIRES AND TBARS CRANKED?
WILL BE RUNNING WITH 9-2 BOSS NEXT WINTER, DONT WANT TO CHEW UP NEW 150$ TIRES IN ONE SEASON.