PDA

View Full Version : Fumoto Valve

sse01
04-24-2002, 05:31
I have used Fumoto valves in the past. While I agree that they are easy to use, do people not think that it doubles the time that it takes to drain the pan?

How long does it take you guys with the Duramax to drain all of the oil, after the engine has been warmed up?

Thanks.

02_2500hd
04-24-2002, 06:02
I drain mine back into the 1gal bottles that the oil comes in and so I have to turn it off for just a sec to swap out the bottles, but I always let the last little bit drain out while I go cut the grass or something, so the amout of time isn't as important as the convience.

I haven't drip one spot of oil on the driveway since using this valve(with the nipple and hose)

On average though, I say 1-2 minutes to drain 1 gal.

gary

56Nomad
04-24-2002, 19:40
Hi sse01,

What is your point? :rolleyes: I wouldn't care if
it took 5 times as long. It's clean, neat,
and makes so much sense to install one if you
plan on doing your own oil changes (especially,
if you have the skid plate option)

SoCalDMAX
04-24-2002, 19:46
sse01,

I put the hose on the nipple, open the drain valve and go replace the oil filter. By the time I'm done wrestling with that, all of the oil is out.

I close the valve, clean up the mess from the filter and start filling with fresh oil. I'd guesstimate the Fumoto valve saves me 10min of cleanup and no extra time to drain. I like that!

Regards, Steve

Kennedy
04-24-2002, 20:06
The time required to evacuate the pan WILL be increased, but the OE plug is so darn big it is hard to control where the oil goes. The Fumot makes it nice and predictable!